ARC 2 AAA mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

ARC 2 AAA mod I have made 2 of these mods so far. You start out with arc AAA and Mag AAA. Pull off the head of the Mag AAA and pull bulb out and then take a staple bend in a u shape trim some and put in place of the bulb. Then take tail cap off the Mag AAA and pull the spring out put it in the center of some foam. Slide into the Mag tube with the small end of the coil of the spring down to the old bulb end with the staple. Next step is put batteries back in and put the ARC AAA head on the tail end of the Mag tube. Now you should have the light on! Now need to make the old Mag head into a end cap to work as a twist on off tail cap. Take the ARC head off and the batteries out put on old end cap. Take the old head of the Mag and take off the lens ring and cut off the threads. Put the head back on the tube. Wrap the tail end of the tube with tape then chuck in a drill in a vice or drill press. Then with a file you can grind down the head to 9/16" dia. At this time take off the old head and get some JB weld bond to fill the end of the old head about 1/8" inside of the threaded end to make a plug. Make some kind of a round disc to set inside the end of the threads to hold the JB weld. Make sure you keep the rest of the threads clean. Now when the JB weld is let to dry overnight you can put the light back together with the ARC head and you new tail cap as the twist on off switch. I now have an old Mag AAA tube to use to make the end caps. This 2 AAA mod is about 20% brighter with no longer run time. But I like the longer tube with pocket clip and brighter too!

Darell

Flashaholic
Wow!
shocked.gif

If you are willing to forgo the 20% brighter but really want that pocket clip, I have a much easier solution.
grin.gif

I think we need pictures still...

Status
Not open for further replies.