Rexlight 2.0 Wow!

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Well, my Rexlight 2.0 just arrived... Very impressed. The O-rings are a bit big, very nice finsh, Grey HA is flawless, super nice presentation box, interface is easy to use, PWM flicker is similar to the LOD-CE not bad at all. My only regret, at $30.00 I should have ordered 5 more. I love this light, thanks Kai for a great product! I Highly recommend this light. Time to pull up a deck chair, a beer and to watch the sun go down so I can play with it in the dark...
Heli

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Glad you like it. I just cancelled my order based upon this long review thread:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161789. My main problems are twofold: 1. the amount of light with NiMH doesn't seem that great on high--about the same as with my Jetbeam C-LE, which is OK, but not that great, and 2. It doesn't seem very efficient on a NiMH battery, although works quite decently on 10440. Check out, especially, the output data from whc in post #1.

Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

javafool

Enlightened
I'm with you Heli, a really great flashlight for the price. And the comments of expertice continue to flow from the ones who just cancelled their orders and have no hands on experience.

Have a beer for me while you are out playing with it in the dark. The it is the Rexlight I hope, LOL.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Mine is bright! The beam is smooth, color is excellent. I'm running it on an enloop, it seems great. Very happy for 30.00

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally Posted by javafool: And the comments of expertice continue to flow from the ones who just cancelled their orders and have no hands on experience.

Oh come on now, be fair There is a great review on the thread I mentioned and many comments by those who have received theirs. So, I think it's fair to have an opinion based on the reviews. As I said, though, different strokes for different folks. For me, I just have enough flashlights and wanted something that would have both NiMH and Li-ion versatility and output power withboth types of batteries. Based on the numbers for the NiMH, it's just not that much different from my Jetbeam C-LE to do it for me. Also, the runtime on 14500 on high was a respectable 2 hrs 5 mins, but only 1hr 11 mins on NiMH on high--which isn't too bad, but just not enough for me.

Last edited:

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
I am impressed too. I recieved mine today and put a 14500 in it. I am happy that I purchased it. I am not sure that I would or wouldn't have bought it if it was the same price as the Fenix. For $10.00 more (than the Fenix) I recieved the Jetbeam CL-E and the Rexlight. I think this suits my needs just fine. Hopefully all these manufactures will stop making new lights. I purchased 3 in last few months and gave away most of my old ones. If I buy anymore I am going to have to buy pants with more pockets.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
HarveyRich said:
Originally Posted by javafool: And the comments of expertice continue to flow from the ones who just cancelled their orders and have no hands on experience.

thinking.gif

What was your point in quoting that? To point out that he incorrectly spelled a couple of words? His point was that a lot of people talking smack about the Rexlight are in fact people that have never seen one or handled one... And I, for one, agree with him that regardless of what you may have read about the light, I would put ZERO stock in what someone that had never used a light has to say about it.

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
HarveyRich said:
Glad you like it. I just cancelled my order based upon this long review thread:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161789. My main problems are twofold: 1. the amount of light with NiMH doesn't seem that great on high--about the same as with my Jetbeam C-LE, which is OK, but not that great, and 2. It doesn't seem very efficient on a NiMH battery, although works quite decently on 10440. Check out, especially, the output data from whc in post #1.

Different strokes for different folks.

Don't you mean a 14500? I'm glad you cancelled because I'm sure you would have been very dissapointed in the performance with a battery that is too small (10440).

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally posted by Cratz: What was your point in quoting that? To point out that he incorrectly spelled a couple of words? His point was that a lot of people talking smack about the Rexlight are in fact people that have never seen one or handled one... And I, for one, agree with him that that regardless of what you may have read about the light, I would put ZERO stock in what someone that had never used a light has to say about it.

Give me a break. It was an accident, as you can see in my edited post #6. I accidentally hit the post key and then edited it. In the 1 minute between posting and editing there were 3 new posts, your included. I think my response with the quote is reasonable so you don't have to pounce all over me. Well it's my opinion. And to the post by Weskix about the battery. I stand corrected about the size, definitely. That's what happens when you post without re-reading. I meant a 14500. I will edit and change. This is so any reader can know what the flow was.

gunga

Flashaholic
Tis true. Glad you guys enjoy your lights. I cancelled my order because:

- unsure about QC, didn't want to deal with hassle since one (maybe both) were gifts
- Saw that whc had his go down in flames and many were repoorting really hot and high current drain in high with nimh
- I wanted a light more versatile with good runtimes/function on nimh and perhaps 14500.
- Wan't sure I would like the UI. Not a fan of the 5 sec memory.

BUT, it looks like a pretty nice light, good finishing, reasonable runtimes, especially with 14500 (no reports on lower modes yet), and good features, especially for the price.

I did cancel my order, but like you say, I can't trash the light, seems pretty good, just not quite what I want.

Paypal, OTOH, I can trash since everytime I do anything, absiloutely anything, I lose several $.

:(

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
HarveyRich said:
Give me a break. It was an accident, as you can see in my edited post #6. I accidentally hit the post key and then edited it. In the 1 minute between posting and editing there were 3 new posts, your included. I think my response with the quote is reasonable so you don't have to pounce all over me. Well it's my opinion. And to the post by Weskix about the battery. I stand corrected about the size, definitely. That's what happens when you post without re-reading. I meant a 14500. I will edit and change. This is so any reader can know what the flow was.

No problems here... Didn't mean to pounce... It just seemed like you were kinda crapping on heliyardsale's post about his new light and doing so with zero first hand information and it just seems like there's an awful lot of that going around, esp concerning the Rexlight.

wink2.gif

axolotls

Enlightened
Well. I can handle $30, so I ordered the black anodized one last night from Kai. I didn't think he was selling them anymore but...

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally Posted by cratz2: Didn't mean to pounce... It just seemed like you were kinda crapping on heliyardsale's post about his new light and doing so with zero first hand information and it just seems like there's an awful lot of that going around, esp concerning the Rexlight.

Sure, I can understand; peace; I really meant it when I said, in my first post,"Glad you like it." Everyone has a different take on things. I freely admit I was going by the reviews of whc and the thread. I probably would have been happy with mine otherwise and am a bit disappointed since I waited so long for it to be available, just like everyone. Well, as has been said before, it's just a flashlite. If it meets one's needs and expectations, that's what counts. I'd actually rather folks find their purchases to be satisfying than the other way around. I'm just playing it conservatively.

Last edited:

outofgum

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the box it comes in, the Rexlight would make an excellent gift. Even a nonflashaholic would appreciate it and probably wouldn't be shocked at the price.

LGCubana

Enlightened
axolotls said:
Well. I can handle $30, so I ordered the black anodized one last night from Kai. I didn't think he was selling them anymore but...

I couldn't find it on KaiDomain.

Could you provide a link ?

Focal

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone done a proper measurement of the Rexlights output yet?

I am extremely impressed with the fit and finish of mine... I'm just not too thrilled with the output.. might just be my unit, but it seems alot dimmer than my CLE.

I'd be very interested in some measurements and figures.

Latest posts