Jetbeam Jet1-MKII X Troubleshoot

AdamVIP

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone

I just bought the jetbeam MK2 off DX and I love it (when it works). My lithium batts were down on charge so I hooked up a 2xAA tube I had ordered from emilions workbench and I cant get the light to run with it on.

I was suspicious of the tube when I first installed it. It has notably fewer threads than the tail cap and would not screw on past the firtst O-Ring seal. I ordered the model for the MK2 and thats what I was charged for (there are diff. prices for each model) but I cant find pictures anywhere of the tube to confirm I have the right one.

Also I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the torch out of advanced mode without pulling power from the batt. It goes into advanced mode as it should but I cant get it back without slightly unscrewing the back cap or lens assembly.

Thanks in advance

fishhead41h

Newly Enlightened
When the light is in the adv. mode,go to the lowest brightness and click it off then on this will put you into general mode. I soldered a silver leaf switch contact point, which is about a 1/16 inch thick,into the center of the head end.This made the light work 100% better,if you had a small spring this would work also??? Good luck,great light when it works!!!!!!!! John

XtreMe_G

Newly Enlightened
erm that's not right, while in advanced mode, switch the brightness to 80% or any of the modes that come after that, turn it off for more than 2 secs, and it should be back in general mode.

Groundhog66

Banned
XtreMe_G said:
erm that's not right, while in advanced mode, switch the brightness to 80% or any of the modes that come after that, turn it off for more than 2 secs, and it should be back in general mode.

+1

AdamVIP

Newly Enlightened
Cool well thats a lot better than having to disconnect current, but Im still lost on the 2AA tube. Does anyone have the tube? Is it supposed to screw all the way on or does it stop after the first ring?

NickDrak

Enlightened
Last edited: