D-MIni or M1?

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
Just curious how the throw on the M1 compares to the D-Mini? Does anyone have both lights? I like the throw of the D-mini, but want more runtime. Is the M1 my best bet?

Any opinions/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only D-Mini but AFAIK the two are not very different in terms of performance. If I were you I would choose the one you like better. In my case it was D-Mini because it fits better into my pocket.

FASTCAR

Banned
Much like Mini-me..the D-mini : Is like a babies arm..holding an apple.
I hate the large goofey head on a small light.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Dude, this is CPF. Get both. :)

I actually got my M1 last night from a fellow member, and the throw on it is insane. It is a brighter than my D-Mini, longer runtime, and better throw. The downside is that it has a larger size. I also like the belt pouch that comes with the D-Mini over the M1's belt clip since it has room for two extra batteries. If you can't decide, seriously buy both, and just sell the one you don't like here.

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback guys. Man, it's like a bad drug addiction. I'm even starting to hide things from my wife ...what's happenening to me! Next thing you know, I'm going to start lying to her!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main bad thing about the D-mini is that you really need to use Rcr123a's to get the most out of it. So you have a small bright throw monster that puts out way more light than a light its size should, but you only have 30 min of runtime before going immediatly to dsrk.

That being said, the D-mini is so great because it puts out sooo much light in that cool little package. They are both great lights.