Edison KLC8 vs. Seoul P4 ???

mds82

Enlightened
I am very familiar with the Seoul P4 U bin, but it looks like the Edison KLC8 is a very close match to this LED. Has anyone done testing with it?

Also - where might i buy a large quantiy of the Edison KLC8 ? maybe 250 peices?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Edison has a higher die height making it closer to a Luxeon and thus requires no modification/fiddling when placing into a reflector that is Luxeon-based. The SSC P4 has a lower die height requiring the emitter be raised approx 30mil into the reflector (anywhere from 25-35mil works fine). The Edison seems to create a yellowish ring at the edge of it's corona/spill. The SSC seems to make the most lumens of the EZ1000-based emitters.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
nanotech17 said:
But the pricing in ledsee.com is ridiculous with extra charge here and there.....:barf:

Extra charge? Yeah there was a Paypal processing fee as I recall, but it wasn't that much. Pretty much you can consider it part of shipping and handling. I ordered 6 emitters @ about $7.20 USD a peice and 5 cheap 350mA drivers @ $4 a peice. The shipping and handling was about $8 total (and that includes the $4 Paypal processing fee). I'm not sure if the processing fee is based on a percentage. I would agree that $4 processing and $4 shipping would be ridiculous if that's what they charge you if you only buy 1 or 2 emitters. But I can't say as I ordered 6 emitters. Seeing how ydna is out of stock right now, it would cost you roughly the same if you ordered 5 or more emitters from LEDSEE.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is because i only buy small amount and lucky for me at that time andy still have some stars available.But to me that extra charges after converting to my currency instead of $35(local currency + shipping) it turns out to be $51( local currency + shipping) $16(local currency) the difference for 1 star :(