LS1 now in stock again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We now have a limited number of LS1 in stock. These are the latest 400mA (green board) hybrid models. They also have the best batch of luxeons I have ever seen from Lumileds. Nice blue tint with good flux.

Firsts order page

Seconds order page

For those who are new to Arc, "First" refer to first quality Arc-LS at $120. "Seconds" refers to factory seconds that don't meet first quality. These are offered at a discount. Items that usally cause them to be seconds are blemishes, beam centering, tint and brightness.

And a refresher on "hybrids"... Hybrids are a mix of our standard Arc-LS technology (rev 1) with a preview of the new rev 2 technology added. These enhancements include a new current-regulated power supply for tighter control and a new heatsink for greater efficiency and reliability.

Peter Gransee

MicroE

Enlightened
Peter---I would have ordered an LS1 from you today, but that ship has sailed.
Yesterday a member of your staff told me that LS1's wouldn't be available for a week or two. I placed an order for the SureFire KL1 instead.
Better communication would probably help.
Maybe I'll buy the LS1 after my bank account recovers from the shock of the E2E/KL1 purchase. ---Marc

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Marc! We are not trying to be difficult. You can catch us on a later batch if you like. Future availiblity of stock can be planned but never guranteed. The inverse would be to actually have it in stock. And that would be nice too.

smile.gif

Seriously though, we are working our tails off to improve availability. Inconsistancy in the hobgobbin of little minds they say and we want to be bright. To that end, in the past week Mike has brought on 5 more contractors (4 machine, 1 plater) and 2 more in house assembler employees. One of these machine shop/platers operate as a team and claim that they will improve our anodize yields to 100%. That would be nice.

Should be fun.

Peter Gransee

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll buy a first if it is white and I can get a 2AA clickie switch battery pack. Please?
smile.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
Peter,
CHECK EMAIL PLEASE.
THANKS
My ship had not sailed.
I had not placed my order for the SureFire KL1!!
After all these months, something finally went right for me.....if you take PayPal!
smile.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gransee:
Sorry Marc! We are not trying to be difficult. You can catch us on a later batch if you like. Future availiblity of stock can be planned but never guranteed. The inverse would be to actually have it in stock. And that would be nice too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think the issue is more accuracy than availability.
People here place their orders based on what you say is available.
I placed my order for two of the 500mA hybrids the very hour that you posted their availability.
I was shipped the wrong items and by the time the error was corrected the 500mA hybrids were gone.
What I finally received was one green-board hybrid and one original LS1 (no gold pad).
Now you say that you're shipping the hybrids again.
I know you don't mean to be difficult but it is very frustrating.

KenBar

Enlightened
THANKS PETER!
PayPal sent.
Now I finally have one of these critters!!!!

MicroE

Enlightened
Peter---O.K. I broke down and ordered an LS and the 2AA battery pack. Craig's "Photonic Cannon" comment forced me to do it.---Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.