Looking for a flashlight...

MKatzpp

Newly Enlightened
I own some ok flashlights, but would like one that's very specific:

1--i would like it to be about the size of a SF U2 (can be a little bigger but dont want something huge).

2--i want it to be pure white (bright and vivid), not semi-white and certainly not yellow

3--i want it to be amazingly focused and would prefer no donuts in the middle.

4--i want the hotspot to be incredibly bright. maybe 2 or 3x the brightness of the SF U2 on high.

5--i dont really care about distance. doesn't need to shine 300yds down the road.

does anything like that exist?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Yes, there are many flashlights that suit your demands
The Lumapower M1(review, 7000 Lux) Will throw farther then the U2(review, 1900 Lux) and is also smaller. The Lumapower MRV is larger then the M1 but has a lot more throw(Sales thread, supposed 16900 Lux to 20000 lux on high, 9000 on low). The Ultrafire C2 (4000-5000 Lux) is cheap but it has more throw then the U2. Even my relatively cheap($25) EastwardYJ "U2" Cree throws further (4000 to 5000 lux according to tests).

They should't have doughnuts unless shined at close distances.

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
requirements 3 and 5(and sortof 4) are contradictory to eachother. You are asking for a tight spot that doesn't throw, lol.

but anyways... That lumapower M1 that gunner mentioned is the best bet... similar amount of lumens to s U2(actually more), but much more focused, and more efficient, so it should have longer runtime.

MKatzpp

Newly Enlightened
thanks gunner12. after doing a bunch of research i think the lumapower m1 will fill my needs for now. i'd still like a nice pure white, lightweight, 5" flashlight with a 200+ lumen output, but hopefully the 130 lumens will do the trick.