JetBeam, Rexlight and Dexlight Compatibility

adnj

Enlightened
I had a Rexlight body working with a JetBeam MkIIx head. I expect that it should work the CR123 body from JetBeam also. Who still has the body in stock?

Is the Dexlight the May surprise that was mentioned by Emilion after the KD JetBeam price fixing fiasco?

Last edited:

IndecisiveFlashaholic

Newly Enlightened
Re: JetBeam, Rexlight and Dexlight

adnj said:
Is the Dexlight the May surprise that was mentioned by Emilion after the KD JetBeam price fixing fiasco?

After re-reading both the Dexlight description and the Emilion post, it is still unclear. If I were to guess, I would think that is what Emilion meant. Lets hope Emilion posts with a reply:grin2:

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
image-upload-15-700078.jpg

The head fits great but the battery rattles and would need a spacer to make contact. The Jet head will light up on the Rex body.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone get the Rexlight head to work with a Jetbeam AA body? Mine won't but ti does work the opposite way

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
dammitjim said:
Can anyone get the Rexlight head to work with a Jetbeam AA body? Mine won't but ti does work the opposite way

Mine works both ways, but when I switch the tailcaps the Rex won't work with the MKIIx cap, but the JETBeam works with the Rex cap. The Rex cap has what looks like a circuit board where the JETBeam has just a plastic switch.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wierd, my Rex works with a MKII tailcap, but not a MKII body. I'd like to use the MKII body since it looks much nicer. I guess the hot ticket is the Rex head, MKIIx body and MKII switch. I like the action on the Jetbeam switch over the Rex.

I confirmed that my Rex head won't work with my 123 Jet body using a magnet as a spacer.

Also noticed that the Jet MKII on RCR123s looks brighter than the Rex on a NIMH

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see why, the tube end isn't making contact with the ground inside the cap. The cap edge is bottoming out on the step above the O-ring.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. Putting the metal washer that came with the Rex onthe top of the Jet body will allow the REx head to work on the MKII Jet AA body .

adnj

Enlightened
JetBeam, Rexlight and Dexlight Holster

I folded an old Mag 2AA holster over, tacked the fold in place with heavy thread and made an excellent holster for the Rex/DX/JetBeam. The light fits ALL the way in (which I want to protect it) so a short lanyard is necessary to pull it out from the bottom.