LightScribe CD-Rs finally come in more colors

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Just picked up a 25-pack of LS CD-Rs in colors. The assortment includes the original gold color as well as red, orange, green and a cyan-ish blue. All of the colors are somewhat muted I plan to do some test burns to see if the other colors can hold up in terms of image contrast.

axolotls

Enlightened
How much? It's a cool gimmick.. but to make a really snappy top I have to do two runs on the highest quality mode.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
axolotls said:
How much? It's a cool gimmick.. but to make a really snappy top I have to do two runs on the highest quality mode.

I paid $19.95 for a pack of 25. They've got them at Best Buy and probably other retaialers by now.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno man, I pay €0.20 each for DVDs and even less for CDs (when I used to buy them; I don't anymore)... yes, I have to scribble their contents on them with a marker, but I can live with that...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I agree that they're way too expensive for everyday use. They're nice to have though when I need to burn a disc for an important project, especially one that will wind up in the hands of a business somewhere.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lightscribe is nifty and all, but damn does it take a long time to burn that label. I burned a simple label on the demo disc that came with my moms new computer and it took something like 16 minutes.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
axolotls said:

What do you mean to make a really snappy "top," you have to do two runs on the highest quality mode? Are you saying it's possible to burn the same label on the same disc twice? Just wondering if this is possible.

axolotls

Enlightened
^ Yes. The "bars" on the hub of the CD-R or DVD+R align it perfectly, even if you take the disc out and put it back in. Heck you can even add more stuff on it if you need to. The alignment is perfect every time.

So, the two runs, I do just give it better contrast. I wish they had a light yellow background. I am curious on how light the cyan is.

Heck, I've done four runs, and it doesn't improve the contrast beyond two times. Try it!

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Cool, I just got a LightScribe drive on the new PC. I made two discs so far. Nothing fancy, just text.

I'll have to look for some of those.