gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Re: Tandom battery tube for ARC-AAA

Not selling as many of these as I thought I would.

Are people not interested or am I charging too much?

John Frederick

Enlightened

Dan,

I think it would have sold if it ran the ARC on two AAA's. I know about Peter's testing and that it seems not to offer much improvement in run-time, but it is brighter. People around here are all about brighter
smile.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened

Originally posted by John Frederick:
Dan,

I think it would have sold if it ran the ARC on two AAA's. I know about Peter's testing and that it seems not to offer much improvement in run-time, but it is brighter. People around here are all about brighter
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had thought about that too. But as soon as one person burned out their arc head and voided their warrenty, end of sales.

Not to mention that boring out the little "tit" at the bottom of the tube is hard enough when it's one AAA deep, two AAAs deep would be tough. I think I would need to get special tooling for that.

What do you think of a tube that is threaded male/female and adds one AAA of length to the existing battery tube?

CNC Dan

Enlightened

Originally posted by John Frederick:
An extension tube would be real cool. I'm in for one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">if i get the chance I will make some. If any one else is interisted, post here.

moraino

Enlightened

CNC DAN,

Is it possible to make twin tubes side by side?

One can mount 2 Arc heads so one or both can be shined at the same time.

Or 2 batteries can be conneted in parallel to double the run time in case only one Arc head is mounted. Or the batteries in series for those preffer brightness.

This will make it remain its lentgh short thus portable.

Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.