Just Pre-Ordered Pelican 7060 for $135.00

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pre-ordered Pelican's 7060 new LAPD cree light for $135.00 from LA Police Gear.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/pe70ledtafl.html

I was really happy to see the price that low, and I love the fact that they do not charge your credit card until it ships (June 1 hopefully)

McGizmo did a great preview on the light and it looks like it is producing around 170 lumans +/-. I am just happy to finally be able to buy a US made Cree light! For only being $30-$40 more than the new Inova T4, this is an incredible light that KILLS the T4 in output. I believe it is the light the T4 should have been.

I hope to have a good month in may, maybe I can pick up Lumapower's new super throw light as well and post comparison beamshots. Either way, I cannot wait until June:)

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to play devil's advocate...How will anyone know it "kills" the T4 in output? Based upon manufacturer numbers?

Until production pieces are seen, I'm remnaining skeptical. I've seen too many Cree based lights with these high lumen numbers, only to be disappointed with the actual output.

No doubt, it will be a good light, and is a major advancement in terms of design.

-dan

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
Where are you getting 170+ lumens. Everything I have read shows 130 ???

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to play devil's advocate...How will anyone know it "kills" the T4 in output? Based upon manufacturer numbers?

Until production pieces are seen, I'm remnaining skeptical. I've seen too many Cree based lights with these high lumen numbers, only to be disappointed with the actual output.

No doubt, it will be a good light, and is a major advancement in terms of design.
McGizmo from the boards actually tested one. It exceeded the manufacturers lumen figure (130) by a large amount, which suggests Pelican states minimum lumens out the front (like Surefire), not maximum lumens out of the emitter (like most).

Enlightened
Having no experience with the Pelican I'm betting it WILL kill the new T4. I have a new reflector T4 and output is pretty pitiful compared to other lights on the market. However the T4 is all metal. :naughty:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone confirmed that this light does in fact use a Cree? I only ask because I haven't seen it listed anywhere. $135 seems like a decent price for what you are getting, but I wouldn't jump on it unless it is around the $100 mark.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dano...Good point. I have only seen McGizmo's pre production preview. Even if it is only as brght as my Huntlight or D-mini, I will still like the light and it will still kill the T4. I would love my D-mini so much more (than I allready do) if I could just throw it on a base to charge every night instead of taking it apart and putting the battery on the charger.

Is this the first American Made (non custom) cree light? That is part of the reason I had to buy it.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
adirondackdestroyer said:
Has anyone confirmed that this light does in fact use a Cree? I only ask because I haven't seen it listed anywhere. $135 seems like a decent price for what you are getting, but I wouldn't jump on it unless it is around the $100 mark.
McGizmo confirmed that it does use the Cree (Characteristic aluminum ring around the glass dome), and based on the output, he suspects it's a Q2 or even a Q3 bin (It's actually quite possible that Pelican and Surefire have been buying all those higher bin emitters before anyone else)

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The numbers of the new Pelican look very good. The T4 looks very weak in comparison. Maybe it's not a "fair" comparison because the T4 is still using the previous generation of technology.

Lux @ 1 meter
Pelican 7060: 10,870
Inova T4: 1,665

Lumens
Pelican 7060: 174
Inova T4: 38

Price
Pelican 7060: $135.00 at lapolicegear.com
Inova T4 with charger: $129.00 at BrightGuy.com

Pelican 7060 numbers from McGizmo Preview
Inova T4 numbers from flashlightreviews.com

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a TIROS based 3watt T4.

My current T4r is brighter than a cree drop in (running thru. a 6P) for what its worth.

Not a big deal, though...

--dan

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
It really is too bad that Inova did not use Cree's or at least a hotly driven K2 in their new lights. I was so happy to buy the new T3 when it came out. It does have a great beam, but it is most likely 60+ lumans. Not the 100 Inova advertizes. I will have to wait and see, but it will be nice if the 7060 lives up to or surpases Pelican's claims like I have high hopes that it will.

Supernam

Enlightened
021411 said:
Having no experience with the Pelican I'm betting it WILL kill the new T4. I have a new reflector T4 and output is pretty pitiful compared to other lights on the market. However the T4 is all metal. :naughty:

All metal just means that theres more to scratch and dent compared to a synthetic based light, especially under duty conditions.

Optik49

Enlightened
I had the opportunity to check one out in October and there was no overwhelming WOW factor. Nice grip and two different switches for law enforcement is a plus. All things considered not a bad light. I would be concerned about buying a new holster and it accidentally turning on when you're sitting. No more hitting suspects with the metal Maglights. Problem solved. Just wait until they start putting a 100+ lumen light on a taser

Enlightened
Supernam said:
All metal just means that theres more to scratch and dent compared to a synthetic based light, especially under duty conditions.

All good. Also I can use it as a last ditch defense device. The T4 is pretty solid and heavy.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't bought a commercially made light in a while and this one's got my interest piqued. Might just have to buy one.