Update: LS version schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's the latest update on the LS versions as of 10/14/02.

Arc-LS3
(complete rev2 system, 5w LS LED emitter driven at 2-3watts, waterproof, lexan, power pack system compatibility, HA natural, smaller profile housing)

The LS3 is indefinately delayed until we receive the required 5W emitters. I estimate this will occur December or sometime next year. We have had these emitters on back order with Lumileds since July.

LS2
(complete rev2 system, 1w LS high dome (HD) LED emitter driven at 400mA, waterproof, lexan, power pack system compatibility, HA natural, smaller profile housing same as LS3)

The LS2 could be squeezed out in small numbers between now and the end of the month but since I am going on vacation (until the end of the month, see seperate thread), I think it would be better if we waited until November on the preview.

In November, we plan on doing a "preview" of the LS2 in small quantities to make sure there are no bugs in the new system. I will post to the CPF when this is ready. The price will be $150 which will include the LS2 head, switchless 123 pack, battery and case. The LS2 will be released in a wider distribution to the dealers once it has been qualified.

LS1
(1w LS low dome (LD) LED emitter driven at 400mA, see notes below for additional features)

The LS1 has the most revisions of any LS model. It started with the orginal 0.9 beta last year, the rev1, rev1.1 and recently the rev 1/2 hybrid. Starting this week, we will start taking orders for the rev2 LS1 preview. This will have the full rev2 system including waterproof (50ft target), AR coated lexan, smaller profile housing (same as LS2 and LS3), raised hard gold contact button, dat2zip designed current regulated converter electronics and compatible with most of the LS power packs.

The LS1 rev2 will be offered as a preview initially for $120. This includes the head unit and the switchless 123 pack. Once the design is qualified, it will be offered more widely. Qualification typically takes a month.

I will be checking the CPF regularly until Saturday and then will be on vacation until the 31st. Mike and Dawn have been instructed to ship the LS1 rev2 preview as soon as it ready.

Peter Gransee

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gransee:
Mike and Dawn have been instructed to ship the LS1 rev2 preview as soon as it ready.

Peter Gransee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just got my LS1 Rev2 today!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.