Introducing the Extreme Micro.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heres my new CR2 powered light. To give you a size reference, I have set it next to the CR2 powered Ichishiki (KI) light. Length is just a tad over an inch. The two units are still in an un-finished state. The flats in the battery barrel have not been put in yet. For a light source, uses a SSC-P4 LED. I am thinking about making these lights available at a fairly reasonable price to CPF members if there is interest. Will have more details soon. In the meantime, enjoy.

microcr2withcmconverterjw9.jpg

ARC mania

Last edited:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can`t wait to see them finished! :rock: And sign me up PLEASE! :grin2:

Any ideas on the driver yet? Muti-stage?:popcorn:

Ken

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it small? Check
Is it bright? Check (I'm assuming here)
Is it shiny? Check....

Duh...I'll take one (at least), assuming (probably safely) that pricing isn't seriously out of line with the market.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will provide output current options which will be: 350ma, 550ma and 800ma. If turned on and placed face down, it may just take off. Even at a drive current of 350ma to the LED is freaky bright for its size. Here are pictures of what I have to go through with the conveters during assembly: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=163260 Will provide more details soon.

ARC mania

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
The length of a CR2 battery itself is just a tad over an inch. They are 1.07 inches/27.2mm in length. How much additional length beyond the 1.07 inches of the battery will be required by the optics/emitter/driver? Will the total length of a finished unit be below 1.5 inches?

ARC mania said:
Length is just a tad over an inch.

ARC mania

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
LumenHound said:
The length of a CR2 battery itself is just a tad over an inch. They are 1.07 inches/27.2mm in length. How much additional length beyond the 1.07 inches of the battery will be required by the optics/emitter/driver? Will the total length of a finished unit be below 1.5 inches?

From looking at the picture next to a KI-LE, I assumed that was a mistake and he was meaning just under two inches for thr light.:)

daywalker

Newly Enlightened
Hey there, this is a nice looking light. I am interested, please put me on the list.

Now we all CPF'ers have to wait who wins the race for the smallest and brightest light; according to the little "Wee" from Orb.

You guys keep us spending a lot of money, but you are doing a great job.

cryhavok

Enlightened
I like this light because CR2 is just about the smallest cell size you can use and still be able to push the emitter reasonably hard...producing a really bright light

Latest posts