Inova X5 Question

watts242

Newly Enlightened
Monday, April 30th, 2007

Hello everyone,

Quick question for the forum ... I am interested in possibly purchasing a new Inova X5 UV flashlight and was wondering about the apparent difference in body styles that I've seen on various websites. One style apparently has a twist on activation body (with fluted grooves lengthwise along the casing) and the other has more of a hexagonal body with a push button styled cap and twist on "always on" selection as well.

Does the fluted version (I believe that this is the first generation X5) have a push button cap as well? I like the fluted grooves on the Inova X5 rather than the hexogonal grip style (the fluted version has cleaner lines in my opinion). Also, is the earlier edition of the X5 have less output than the newer version of the X5? If so, what are some of the upgraded statistics? And finally, would anyone be able to direct me to a website or fellow CPF member who would be interested in possibly selling a mint to near mint version of the Inova X5 UV for a reasonable price.

Thanks for your time.

Take care,

watts242

flashlightsnlasers

Newly Enlightened
I have also seen the X5 in the fluted style housing but everything that I was able to get was in the regular case flats conventional style..as far as I know the power has not changed and this light is probably one of the core Inova lights not effected by the big reflector switch of the 2007 lights..the Inova x5 is the ultimate carry light because of size and run time..my favorite.

watts242

Newly Enlightened
Prof and FlashlightsNLasers ...

Thanks for your feedback on the Inova X5 flashlight ... I'll give the flashlightreviews.com website a look.

Take care,

watts242