Gransee, could you look up something, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is my Cyan Arc LS a low dome or high dome?

Run #793

Thanks!!

smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We stopped making cyans before we started keeping track of serial numbers. One way to tell is the HD has a grill pattern in the beam whereas the LD has a small square in the center of the beam. Hold the flashlight about 6 inches from a white target to look at the beam.

Since very few HDs where made, I suspect that you have a LD.

Peter Gransee

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Gransee! I shall do as you suggested.

By the way, it has somewhat of a flicker at times. Not all the time, but sometimes. Is there anything I should do about that? I got it off of another person who sold it as a SLS, so I'm guessing that it has no warrenty on it.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it stops working, we will replace it with a white second for you. I would have to see the flicker to have a better idea at the cause and then the solution. Usally it is a variation on an open ground.

Peter

dark star

Enlightened
I would suspect your battery terminals ( or the pad on the Arc itself ) is a bit dirty. Don't turn a cyan in for a white one !

dark star

Enlightened
Originally posted by Orion:
Why is that, dark star? Is it because they are more rare than the white?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They are brighter then the white. No problem with tint variation, even over time - I suspect the cyan will last forever. I think the cyan is better for hiking - effects the night vision less. And there will be no more - not only Arc but some others are making LS white flashlights but no one (other then the home builders ) seems to be making any cyan or other color LS flashlights. ( I got a 5D cell 5 watt cyan from electrolumens - now that is bright!)

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have seen the pics on here of such a light. Definitely brightness in the superior!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Orion.
Mine's a cyan 1st #769. (very close in numbering to yours). It's a low-dome. You can tell by holding it about an inch from a white surface. I would describe it as a square composed of 4 parallel bars of light.
edit: They are bright, and definitely worth holding on to. Flashlight history.
icon3.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is that, dark star? Is it because they are more rare than the white? No worries at the moment. It seems to work fine most of the time. However, I'll clean up the contacts for maintenance sake anyway.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have the 4 bars of light at 1 inch. I guess it is true that the Cyan LS will be part of flashlight history. I have in the Buy/Sell category that I was wanting to trade my Cyan head for a white head. Perhaps I need to keep the Cyan!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really?!!! Well, if it IS a HD, AND being that it is a Cyan, that would make it even more rare then. I think I'll break it open to make sure! . . . . .JUST KIDDING!!!
grin.gif
I'll leave well enough alone!!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.