Yahoo email ....gone !

Vbeez

Enlightened
Guys,
A friend of mine just lost his yahoo email account. He actively use his account before its gone. Anybody ever experienced this ?

jtice

Flashaholic
I used to have a yahoo account long ago, it got stolen,
I couldnt login to it one day, said the password was wrong :(
I ended up giving it up.

~John

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
That truly does suck. I would ask Yahoo about it one time before I said LATER and moved on over to GMail.

Hate to sound like a walking advertisement for Google and Gmail, but its just so much better.

-C

DM51

Flashaholic
I used to have a Yahoo account. It flagged up stupid messages the whole time, it kept resetting the page, and the login procedure was a complete PITA. I stopped using it.

WNG

Enlightened
if you don't show activity on a Yahoo free account for several months, they'll delete everything and suspend your login name.

Sucks as it has happened several times.

Vbeez

Enlightened
Sorry for late reply to this thread I've been out of town recently.
Seems gmail is a better option than yahoo, thanks.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't realize Yahoo suspended accts that weren't used actively. I had an acct that was exclusively for ebay use and I went over a year without using it and it still works fine. Hotmail though seems to reset your acct if you don't log on for only a month.

For the secret question, I always type in random letters like: "asjdfhalskjdalkna" and my alternate email address on file is pretty specific. I don't know if there is some other backdoor to reset a password, but I do all I can to avoid that possibility.