OD of P2D same as E2D SF?

CDI

Newly Enlightened
I want to try mounting a P2D in a Vltor mount on an M4 just to see if it'll hold up to 5.56 recoil. The UI isn't optimal for WL usage, but this would be more by way of a durability test. Is the OD the same as an E2D Surefire?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know how it holds up if you get the chance to test it. I might try throwing my PD3 on a pellet gun. Have a link to a site that sells the mount you are using, or a mount that will hold a PD2/PD3 to a riffle barrel?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Specs should be on SF's site and I believe Fenix store has dimensions on the P2D. My guess is the P2D is just a little smaller as I've got and E2D but not the P2D yet.

CDI

Newly Enlightened
matrixshaman said:
Just measured my E2D at the body center (round not flats) at 20.74mm. Fenix store states 21mm for the P2D. Darned close.

Well, that will work then. The Vltor mount is a clamp-type ring.

re the pellet gun - if it's a pneumatic or CO2 it should be ok...but a spring-type will probably kill it in short order. Spring guns can trash a standard scope in short order.

I really don't think it will kill it. The recoil on a fully dressed M4 is negligible. If it works okay, and holds up for a couple of thousand rounds, I'd like to mod a SF tapeswitch for it...