Anyone Here A Joost Beta Tester

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I see they have opened it up to unlimited invites. Any CPF'ers that are beta testers want to throw me an invite?

mccavazos

Enlightened
I am a beta tester. I actually never saw the ability to send invites. shoot me your email and i would be happy to send you one.

mccavazos

Enlightened
As of right now, it is limiting me to three invites. I have sent invites to the three PMs that I received. If you would still like one, PM me and I will add you to a list for when I get more.

Chris

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Cheers to mccavazos!! Thank you for your invite. Just tried Joost and it looks like there is a lot of potential in this medium. I'll pass on any invites I receive to members of this great forum :rock:

mccavazos

Enlightened
It really is a great program, I have had quite a bit of fun with it. I hope that it gets more channel support (crossing fingers for Discovery Channel). I am using it on OSX what is everyone else using?

havand

Enlightened
After just using it for a few minutes, i'm actually surprised by how well it works! They need to do a little more to bump up the picture quality. After a scene change, it is very smoothed and blurry, then after a few moments, it snaps back to higher detail. Probably some sort of divx compression. If they can bump up the throughput and get some more content, I think it'll be really neat. If they offered the service for free, then say a fee for primary networks such as scifi, discovery, etc. Pay per network. I'd pay to be able to watch a few specific networks if they can get the resolution slightly better. :)

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
I still have invites left if anyone else is interested in trying Joost out. Anybody have any feedback on how they like this new service?