LOD clip anyone conjer up anything a little more practical?

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
I LOVE this light! the pocket/visor clip is a little lame, does anyone got any better ideas, or mods?
Thanks,
Mike

the servents of twilight

Newly Enlightened
I used a mag solitare clip on my Fenix LOP. (I still have it) It works much better than the Fenix clip, but it scratches the finish when unscrewing to change the battery. I use the the Fenix clip on my LOD-CE (for now).

williamv0123

Newly Enlightened
I was skeptical about the clip staying put with EDC, so I wraped a piece of clear packing tape around the end, the bent the clip closed ever so slightly. Then slid the clip back over the tape and trimmed off the excess. The benefits are 2 fold. the clip won't mar the lights surface and the tape gives the clip a little more purchase, and holds tighter. I use it every day clipped inside a jeans pocket and haven't had any trouble.
Hope this helps.

LG&M

Enlightened
Try a clip from a mechanical pencil. I used one on my EO. For my LOD-CE I made a Kydex holster.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bent the ends in slightly with a pair of needle nosed pliers so that they fall into the flat areas of the body to prevent it from sliding off the end. Working good so far.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I second the use of the Mag clip. I got mine off an old mag 2AAA light. so far no problems with this clip on my Fenix LOD CE.

iowatollah

Newly Enlightened
I agree with LEDninga 100%. I have tried many on my LOD. Small Craftman screwdriver clips, pen clips, and other flashlight clips but fwere a bit flimsy. The Nuwal clip seems to grip the best with the help of neednose pliers and looks nice with the Fenix both being black. My EDC and the thought of it slipping off is a concern always.

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
great ideas,

anyone try it on their hat brim?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a clip on my AAA Fenix models for over a year now. Having spent a great deal of time and effort on this topic, by far the best clip is the MAG clip available from the the folks at "flashlightking". the Fenix clip will not hold it snugly on a shirt pocket etc. The MAG clip holds MUCH tighter.

the servents of twilight

Newly Enlightened
I've used both on my hat. Fenix clip and mag clip. The mag works much,much better. Although, for just plain walking the Fenix works fine. I have noticed that on a hat brim the Fenix will move shifting the beam off center (when just more than walking)

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
iowatollah said:
I agree with LEDninga 100%. I have tried many on my LOD. Small Craftman screwdriver clips, pen clips, and other flashlight clips but fwere a bit flimsy. The Nuwal clip seems to grip the best with the help of neednose pliers and looks nice with the Fenix both being black. My EDC and the thought of it slipping off is a concern always.

I don't know how I missed this post?
screwdriver clip WOW best one yet THANKS!