Cree replacement for Surefire P61 lamp

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Does anyone know of a replacement Cree lamp to replace the Surfire P60 or P61 lamps? If so...how have these replacement lamps worked for you guys. Also..in comparison how is the throw on the Cree lamps vs. a standard P61.

Mash

Enlightened
AT least a couple of threads on this precise subject, on the first two pages.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Dealer Section of this forum. There quite few on offer. Each one have its pros and cons. I too am looking for a LED drop in for a SF M2 which is on its way to me. Some are as low as $12.50 and can go all the way to $50 or more. Read on it and post inquiries on the specific threads to get your answers. All the best....

Jim Holzemer

Newly Enlightened
I currently run a 3W drop in(from Bugoutgear) in my tac belt 6P. It has excellent throw/flood(for an LED). It is every well as effective as the 61 which is very much a flood v. the more "throwy" P60. As you know, nothing beats an incan for really reaching out & punching through sometimes ambient/surrounding light. That's why I always run a second light on my belt(a C3 w/ 91 lamp). I'm glad I have both types available. BTW, I have an X200 W/ optic(I forget if that's the A or B model) on my Glock 22 and I'm very pleased w/ it's throw. I'm also waiting on one of the Dealextreme drop in's to try w/ the 6P.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Jim.
I am also running the Surefire X200B on my duty Glock which is what really got me thinking about LED's. The difference between the X200A & the X200B is the A uses a 3 watt lamp and the B uses a 5 watt lamp. The X200A also, at least IMHO, appears to be more target specific and does not generate a lot of flood. The brighter X200B eliminates that problem and does an excellent job of not only lighting the interior of a room but blinding your target.

Jumpstat.
Let me know (shoot me an IM) how you like your M2 with the Cree drop in. Also let me know which lamp you end up going with and how it worked.