Fedx lost my Arc LS1 Rev2

Status
Not open for further replies.

grift

Enlightened
mad.gif
get home today check mailbox and woot got my Arc AAA LE (USPS delivered into mailbox). get in the house and ask if i got any packages----nope nothing. i go and track my order from fedx to see where my new toy is. site says it was delivered and NO signature was required and the waiver was on file
bluesigh.gif
to make a long story short, the lazy fedx guy put my LS outside of the mailbox tied to it w/a bag or something (i was suppose to sign for it). im still waiting to here from fedx again. luckily i also called arc and Dawn (she is GREAT) answered the phone. she said she would call fedx asap and get me another LS mailed out pronto.

sucks that someone is walking around w/my new LS RIGHT NOW
twak.gif
but at least ill have one coming my way in day or two
smile.gif

Eritt

oh the Arc AAA LE is NICE, luckily the mailbox bandit didnt look inside as well.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only receive FedEx at the office.

Never at home.

This has happened to many people many times.

Fed-Ex apparently has some value cutoff below which they're willing to leave things unprotected.

franken2

Newly Enlightened
theres a huge conflict of interest between usps, ups and fedex. the fedex guy probably didn't put the package in the mailbox for the same reason ups won't deliver to a p.o. box #. fedex seldom requires a signature. i ship and receive ups and fedex daily and wonder how fedex would know the value of a package unless it was insured for x amount of dollars. i deal with both reps and personally feel much more confident with ups. i feel fedex is going downhill buisness-wise. my 2 cents

nitelite

Newly Enlightened
I worked for UPS during Christmas season a while back and I can tell you that UPS delivers packages without getting a signature also. The only items we needed signatures on where the highly insured items and deliveries to some "certain areas". I would say 80% of what I delivered that Christmas no one signed for.

Both FedEx and UPS take into account the value of the item (declared or insured), the number of items stolen in the past in your area, and how busy they are.

Also, nobody can put anything without stamps into a mailbox. You buy the mailbox but it usually says property of postmaster general somewhere on it or the box.

If you were to leave a note for your friend in his mailbox without a stamp, you've violated federal law.

See below URL for post office reg and quote.

This is according to postal regulations at
http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm/d041.htm

1.3 Use for Mail

Except under 2.11, the receptacles described in 1.1 may be used only for matter bearing postage. Other than as permitted by 2.10 or 2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle. Any mailable matter not bearing postage and found as described above is subject to the same postage as would be paid if it were carried by mail.

(Here are the only exceptions mentioned above)

2.10Delivery of Unstamped Newspapers

Generally, curbside mailboxes are to be used for mail only. However, publishers of newspapers regularly mailed as Periodicals may, on Sundays and national holidays only, place copies of the Sunday or holiday issues in the rural route and highway contract route boxes of subscribers if those copies are removed from the boxes before the next scheduled day of mail delivery.

2.11Newspaper Receptacle

A receptacle for newspaper delivery by private carriers may be attached to the post of a curbside mailbox used by the USPS if the receptacle:

a. Does not touch the mailbox or use any part of the mailbox for support.

b. Does not interfere with the delivery of mail, obstruct the view of the mailbox flag, or present a hazard to carrier or vehicle.

c. Does not extend beyond the front of the mailbox when the box door is closed.

d. Does not display advertising, except the publication title.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
What really sucks about this is that Peter had to raise his FedEx rate from $5 to $8 because they now require a signature from now on. Now, that's a load of crap when you pay that much for shipping w/signature reqired and then they don't get a signature!
mad.gif

Kirk

Enlightened
Quite a while ago I brought my VCR back to the store for some warranty work. I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, and then I come home one afternoon and notice the UPS guy had left my VCR next to the front door! A $400 unit and he "hides" it under the doormat! Un-believable! I called and gave the store "heck"!
Kirk

mc

Newly Enlightened
I absolutely hate
mad.gif
"signature required" for deliveries. Instead of having something nice to open when I get home, there is a note left by FedEx saying, "nope, go jump through hoops to get your stuff you ordered and paid for to be delivered, come pick it up, come on down and stand in line while you should actually be at work".
I could have it sent to work, where receiving dept. opens it, so I would need to go talk with them beforehand, inconvenient.
I obviously have not had something disappear form my front porch.
I ask myself, why bother to order anymore?

GADGETOMETRY

Newly Enlightened
Hi grift,

Im sorry to hear of your lost fedex package.

Packages can be left without a signature only if one of a few things are done.

if the shipper has a release to leave packages on file.

if the recipient has a release to leave packages on file.

if the recipient signs the tag left or leaves a signed note to leave the package.

and never if none of these things exist.

if a driver leaves a package without meeting any of these things he will be held responsible for falsification.....this is a terminable offense.

drivers like this should be fired...all you need to do is have the drivers managers boss call you to explain what steps the manager has taken to prevent this from happening again.

Aloha

GADGETOMETRY

Newly Enlightened
Hi MC,

If you want fedex to leave your package on the first attempt you can leave a note telling the driver where you want him to leave the package.

Be sure to sign and date the note.

Fedex will then take that note and attach it to that days log.

Fedex requires a signature or a note to protect Peter. This is the only way that ARC can prove it was delivered and to whom the package was delivered to.

I hope this helps all you guys out there.

So if anyone orders a light sent to them thru fedex by ARC just leave a signed note telling the driver where to leave your package on the door.

Aloha

mc

Newly Enlightened
GADGETOMETRY, Aloha,
The box checked on the tag says,
"Per shipper requirements, you must be present to sign for and accept package. No signature release, indirect delivery or signed delivery notice will be allowed."

I need to go miles out of my way to now pick it up, and during work.
I would have been more grumpy if it had been stolen though, and Peter (Arc) does need to be protected I do agree. Oh well…I may leave the note next time, and see what happens.

GADGETOMETRY

Newly Enlightened
Hi MC,

Not a problem.

Here are some options.

If you have a package that says the shipper requires a signature (these are usually high value items...Dell does this because of fraud...a customer says to leave the package then claims they didnt get it. Also people will use a stolen cc and tell fedex to leave the package...they then go and get the package and know one knows who that recipient is...)

There are all kinds of crooks out there and there good at these scams.

Here's some options.

ARC can send the package out without the restriction and put a note on your invoice so you and not they will be responsible if the item gets taken after it is left.

Once you get a fedex notice you can contact fedex and ask them to ask the shipper to wave the requirement....they will then document it in the computer that the shipper authorized the waver and fedex is no longer responsible for any loss...You must also contact ARC and have them authorize this.( note: if the agent does not want to do this ask for their supervisor...this is not an unreasonable request and is commonly done is requested) you do not have to take any bs from a lazy agent that does not want to do there job.

There is a lot of fraud going on out there and these signing problems are only to help protect both the shipper and the recipient...i hope these options help you in making the safest decision.

I hope you find this of help.

Aloha

GADGETOMETRY

Newly Enlightened
MC,

Oh and also...the policy is that all packages are required to be left in a safe place and the side of a mailbox is not one....If the package was left in an unsafe area the driver and fedex is responsible to pay the amount that the package was insured for....all packages are automatically insured for $100 unless a lower value is entered.

Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.