N cell powered ARC AAA???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much do you want it...
smile.gif

$15.00 shipped in lower 48, aluminum body.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by DSpeck:
How much do you want it...
smile.gif

$15.00 shipped in lower 48, aluminum body.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you have any pictures? I'm definitely interested!

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have overstepped myself on this one. The N cell is too wide to fit inside the threads of the Arc-AAA head, so the holder might have to be 2 pieces. If it is, it'll be more than $15.00, that's for sure. I'll investigate and post an update later (likely Monday). Sorry to get everyone's hopes up - I should have checked the N-cell diameter before posting...
frown.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: Yes, the N-cell is too big to be a 1-piece body like the AAA cell is. I'm going to have to withdraw the offer. My apologies to those who were interested!
frown.gif
frown.gif
blush.gif

I could do a 2-piece body, but it would cost about $32.00. Delivery time is about 6 weeks these days.

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone explain the advantage of using N cells in the Arc-AAA? I must confess that I missed any thread that explained the benefits. BTW, I assume that these are the 12V / car alarm remote batteries?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Steelwolf:
Can someone explain the advantage of using N cells in the Arc-AAA? I must confess that I missed any thread that explained the benefits. BTW, I assume that these are the 12V / car alarm remote batteries?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope..see below..
wink.gif

The capacity of a real alkaline "N" cell is less than a AAA. About 850mAh vs.1100mAh in the AAA.

The light itself would have been about 5/8" (.625?) shorter than the present design though.

p.s.that 12v car alarm cell is 12v., and thinner than a real "N" 1.5v alk batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.