Jetbeam cl-e mode switching?

jeebuss1

Newly Enlightened
I am turning the light off and back on within 2 seconds and the modes do not switch. It appears to be staying in high mode. Am I doing this right?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would help if you put some kind of foam pad inside the light to prevent battery bounce when you're switching as that throws off the logic. I used the supplied foam washer, cut to half thickness, and dropped into the tail without use of the glue (don't peel off cover). Other people have used Dr. Scholls foam washers successfully.

If you have that, then a very short turn off/on cycle (2 seconds off is too long, 1 second off may be too long) should get the light to switch modes.

Worked for me...

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the mode its staying in is medium. Try using both hands and switching it very quickly. Try very fast and gradually slow down as you see what the result is. It goes medium, low, high, strobe.

djkt

Newly Enlightened
I read it has to be switched within one second and that works very well for me.It goes from medium to low to high to strobe to sos then back to medium. When turned off for more than two seconds it goes back to medium. I hope this helps. I did not get a foam pad with mine. The battery tends to rattle when not on.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is probably not the case here but... if the battery is depleted, it is very hard to distinguish between med - low - & high.