FYI: Rechargeable 123's for the Arc LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI: Rechargeable 123\'s for the Arc LS

If you want to use your Arc LS with the 123 holder for it's small size but don't want to pay the premium price for 123 size lithium batteries there is another option: rechargables.

Rechargable 123's are not new but they were very expensive.

CPF member "Whistler" discovered a less expensive option and posted this topic in the battery forum. He discovered that you can buy 2 1/5A size NiMH rechargeables and stack them together for a perfect size replacement for a single 123 lithium. The capacity is 400mAh so run time is shorter than with a lithium battery. They cost ~$7/pair and can be recharged in any NiMH recharger.

Just thought I would let people know that may have missed this in the battery forum.

I just received a pair of these batteries today and got about 40 minutes of continuous run-time before moon-mode kicked in with my LS1 rev2 (400mA version). By comparison, I get 2 1/2 hours out of 2 AA NiMH 1600mAh batteries.

lsbatts.jpg

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Re: FYI: Rechargeable 123\'s for the Arc LS

They last even longer in the LS1.

I will get some of these cells and make an adaptor to fit them into an AA charger.

Did you need to add a "button" to the top of the first cell to make contact through the foam ring in the ARC head??

Whistler

Enlightened

CNC Dan,

My measurments in the LS1 are at least 80 minutes of bright light (±85 minutes till moon-mode).

Let me please see your adapter when ready.

No, they make good contact. But I soldered on one pair a little tip, now they are 'more responsive'.
But this is not really neccesary.

EDIT: PS Sean, how do they perform with the KL heads? Haven't got mine yet
frown.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Whistler:
EDIT: PS Sean, how do they perform with the KL heads? Haven't got mine yet
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Since the current draw is like 600mA I would guess only 20 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.