Magcharger help

jnc36rcpd

Newly Enlightened
My Magcharger occasionally will not turn on when the switch is depressed. A good whack or twisting the head usually gets it operational. Since this is my primary duty light, I'd just as soon not be whacking my flashlight against my boot as I walk up on suspicious vehciles. Any suggestions? Thanks.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, jnc36rcpd, Hi !
You could still have posted this question on SFDB ......

The Mag-Lite warranty is very good indeed, so if cleaning the switch doesn't work, just return it as per their instructions, (return number ?) details of procedure given on their site.

Oh, clean/very lightly sand the tailcap/body clear Aluminium contact points, that can cause problems. Also, clean (and maybe carefully bend) the lamp pins to ensure secure contact.

lightlover
smile.gif

jnc36rcpd

Newly Enlightened
If you need a carload of gangbangers stopped and locked up, give me a call. If you have a shift with some leadership issues, I could probably help you out. You say you want to implement a new less-lethal system at your PD and you need help with training and policy development, I'm your man.

You need something mechanical done, you're talking to the wrong guy.

So, how do I access the switch to the Maglite? By the way, I just changed the bulb in the light. While I was doing so, I used to graphite lubricant on the threads. I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks and be safe.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Mag-Charger is the same as the D-cells, then remove the switch cover, and put an Allen key all the way down the centre of the switch.

Make sure it's located in properly, they seem to cut the set-screw's Allen aperture badly.
Back it off a bit, and the whole switch unit will push out towards the tailcap end.

Actually, check on the Mag-Lite site, they have an "anatomy" section for the Mag-charger, and repairs/maintenance pages.

Good luck,

lightlover

Latest posts