What is the time limit to file a complaint with paypal?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all! What is the time limit to file a complaint or dispute with paypal? is it 30 or 45 calendar days from payment?

Thanks!
AlexGT

axolotls

Enlightened
You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment. By opening a dispute, you are able to communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

It's pretty easy. Just click on the RESOLUTION CENTER tab when you login.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't wait too long because PayPal has a habit of changing their rules without notice.
When I joined you had to wait 30 days before filing a dispute.
This changed to disputes must be filed within 30 days.
I actually got screwed because they changed their rule while I was waiting for 30 days to pass and after it did they had the nerve to tell me that I'd waited too long.
Then the 30 day limit was recently changed to 45 days.
Who knows what they'll change it to next or when?

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on if you used Paypal to pay with your credit card. If you used a credit card, you have the option of doing a chargeback based on the credit card company's rules and deadlines rather than using Paypal's internal "dispute" process. Just ask your issuing bank. While 45 days might be the limit the for filing an internal Paypal "dispute", it is almost certainly not to late to get your money back with a chargeback. Just ask your issuing bank.