ARC AAAA , it walks among us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

OK wanna see a pic? I have emailed Saaby a pic of it, but it isn't posted anywhere online. I am hoping Saaby will read this and post it, and send me the url so i can post it in the space reserved below ---
Saaby? Would you please?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Watch this space --
ARC AAAA picture soon come, mon!
ta-da!
(EDIT: HEY! what happened to the pictures??? please stand by...
smile.gif
..got it!
smile.gif
thank you Sasha
smile.gif
)
back again...
arcmicro.jpg

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Bart, I got about half way through those instructions right before I emailed Saaby...I'm sending you a pic - care to send me a url ?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ted I got your eMail. I am at lunch. I should get home from school between 4 and 7 PM (Mountain Standard Time)

Then I'll post it if somone else hasn't...I can't FTP to my webspace from school.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Greg, sent, thanks! (edit) Saaby, thanks in any case!

Darell

Flashaholic
Details please! How made that pretty thing? Runtime? Imagine a smaller-diameter head with a high-performance 3mm white LED in there. Wow.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah! CNC Dan made it. It has to have a deep fat head (don't try, too easy!
smile.gif
) to take the Arc head, unfortunately, and to accomodate the threading tool...also the brass is so heavy, it weighs a couple grams more than the Arc AAA, but I'm seeing if Dan can do it again with lighter metal this time..if it's smaller it should be lighter, right? ...Dan?

You want a runtime? Roy, you interested?

Since it dangles on a stainless chain with ss torsion gate clip from Berkeley Point, I worry about the head coming off..which Loctite stuff would make it stiffer turning, but still turnable?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, that looks pretty cool.

but why?

how does it compare to a regular aaa? it doesn't seem to be any smaller.

nice mod tho. is it brass? is that a tailswitch i see?

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah, too bad about the head diameter there, fat head. Don't put locktite on the head! Are you still using the stock O-ring? That should provide enough friction to keep the head on.

Roth -
It will certainly make more sense if a smaller head could be made, I agree (though shoving the electronics into something even smaller probably gives Peter a headache just to think about).

I don't think that's a tail switch. Just a lanyard loop. Be GREAT to have a shot of it next to a standard AAA.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sure it's smaller! That's an AAA Arc head on it, so the size reduction is in the rest of that narrower body... it's not a tailswitch (I wish!) but a tail with a hole for a split ring. I was hoping it would be lighter (for my obsessive lightweight backpacker tendencies) but the brass is heavy..though turned down as thin as possible, Dan said.
The biggest difference is when you hold it. The weight feels substantial in your hand, but size-wise it's almost not there, with the same light as the Arc AAA... Something you might bring with onto the Enterprise..
smile.gif

(added) I tried the AAAA with an LE head and it is much tighter! ..Must get one of those new O-rings..
cool.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

getting the AAAA now depends on Dan..last I heard we are waiting for the arrival in his shop of aluminum material..not certain when..

Status
Not open for further replies.