Seoul Mod for Jil Lite JCR2 Intelli

F

FlameoftheWest

I was just wondering if anyone has had success with a Seoul mod in the JCR2 lights. They are great lights but could definetly use the extra lumens from a mod.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlameoftheWest,

I modded my JiL 1.3W with a Seoul. It was a huge improvement in both output and throw. I had 0.27" milled from the back of the reflector, and used a 0.027" copper shim from The Shoppe. The copper shim was epoxied in place with Arctic Alumina. I used thermal paste under the Seoul (after testing the copper shim for zero continuity), and the Seoul was soldered in place.

***During the assembly process, you must test fit the LED several times to ensure centering with the reflector.***

As an added later of protection, I used Kapton tape on the back of the reflector to prevent any shorting on the top of the LED. This step was probably not needed, but I am prone to overkill when I do things.

Have fun!

datiLED

FlameoftheWest said:
I was just wondering if anyone has had success with a Seoul mod in the JCR2 lights. They are great lights but could definetly use the extra lumens from a mod.