Arc AAA LE Offset LED, Should I Care???

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlperl

Newly Enlightened
I just got a new ARC AAA Limited Edition (Lucky me... I Know they are hard to find!)

The Led is not perfectly centered. I have heard about this before, is it that common?

I don't really care too much because the light output is tremendous and the hotspot is not too defined at 2-3 feet. Also, I have two AAA regular Arcs as well, and the LE is far brighter.

Just curious: Should I care? Should I have Peter fix it or just live with it?

Like I said, it's not an annoyance other than the fact that I am sometimes pretty anal about this kind of stuff and I like perfection!

My Surefire e2e is perfectly centered though!

dangee

Newly Enlightened
I to just received my arc aaa le in mail. to date the arc aaa is without a doubt the most perfect example of simple engineering that i have come across lately. my arc was 1/32" off ctr and posed no problem with defraction or centering of beam. and with my lens mod, i was lighting up the underside of canopies of the trees 30ft up.
icon14.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
the arc aaa i got has its hotspot a bit off-centre too...it doesn't really matter, though it does bother me a bit. actually, the blue spot annoys me more than the fact that its not directly in the centre
smile.gif

dangee: what's the lens mod you're talking about?

nihraguk

Enlightened
oh...that's neat
i tried using a magnifying glass to focus the beam of my arc, and when focused to its tightest spot where you can see the led "filament" itself, it can be thrown quite a long distance.

hmm why isn't this being done for more led lights? leds aren't un-focusable. they just can't be focused by reflectors like incandescents.

what i like about the mod is the light is changed to an even white. i personally find the blue spot in the beam of my arc rather annoying at times
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.