What is the best CREE drop-in for my Surefire M2

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I have a new Surefire M2 on the way. What is the best Cree drop-in for the light. I want one that lets the bezel screw all the way down, and I want it to be regulated.

cfromc

Enlightened
Wow, I was just going to post a new thread asking this same question. There seems to be so many options and a wide variance of prices. I'd like something that I can depend on and that will fit properly.

dmz

Enlightened
Will the Dealextreme 1.25 Watt Cree drop in work in a M2?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XR-E Cree's are the brightest drop-ins out there now.

I am using one of the new Wolf Eyes D26 XR-E Cree's in my 6P. The bezel screws all the way down and it fits well. Much brighter than a P60 bulb with twice the runtime.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody have one of the Cree drop-ins from BugOutGearUSA.com. I remember that is where everybody got those original 1 and 3 watt drop-ins a couple of years back. They seem to be built pretty well.

s.duff

Enlightened
i just got the one from litemania and it is awesome!

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it is LiteMania who sells cree dropins, not Arc Mania.
I should be receiving my Cree dropin form DX any day now. I'm personally waiting for Litemania to release a SSC P4 dropin that he hinted at a month or two back. :D I'd be appy to report my experience with teh DX dropin when I get my hands on it.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I'd like to wait and see more of these LED drop-ins for the SureFire.M2 and its variants. Right now I'm running a non-LED LF.EO-6 in my SF.M2, so I would like to compare these two myself when the SSC.P4 debuts.

Enjoy!

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I can gather are X-alpha(6 mode), solatex, LiteMania, Wolfeyes D26, G&P can be bought right here in the dealer section but unfortunately either they are out of stock, won't fit properly, need to minor modify, various running voltages or pre order.

dmz

Enlightened
Will the Dealextreme 1.25 Watt Cree drop in fit in a M2 head?

xHERO

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some from DX and from PTS to see how they work in my M2.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I would like to order one from either Lighthound.com or BugOutGearUSA.com because I trust both of those websites, but I would like to see a review before I bought one.

dmz

Enlightened
xHERO, pls give us an update on the Dealextreme 1.25 Watt Cree drop in in your SF M2.

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
Bezel not screwing down all the way with Cree drop-ins should not be an issue in the M2 because of its shock absorbing system that will compress a little more to accomodate the extra length.

I tried the original Litemania drop-in in the M2 and it fit fine with no gap.