Spartanian......what is yours like?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was excited about this light but I am sending it back. The LED is off centre with bits of some material showing on one side of it. So far this is the worst installed LED from all my lights. Even though I only used the supplied battery, the tint colour is very much in the blue/purple range, again the worst tint from all my LED lights.

So, what is yours like?

AArcVarc

Newly Enlightened
Not like yours. Mine is centered with a clean reflector and no odd bits. The flashlight functions as it should with no undue tints or malfunctions. For $40 plus shipping its a very nice light. A pleaser. The clickie is a bit stiff, but I can live with that knowing it wont get turned on easily when its riding in my pants pocket. So it sounds like you might get an exchange or refund depending on your preference.

luminata

Enlightened
sounds odd the first dud on these I have heard of.. the KLC8 Edison led should be giving a fairly white beam with a yellow corona which is actually kinda cool.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is fine. The LED is well centered and has a cool white (but definitely not purple-ish) spot. It has the slightly annoying yellow corona, which can be seen easily indoors, but doesn't bother me outdoors. All in all it is a decent light for the price but not a jawdropper. I thik you just may have gotten one that slipped through quality control.
:awman:
If you got it from BatteryJunction, don't worry. Thay'll take care of you.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had been told that there are no more in stock and I will get a refund....I checked the website and this light is not listed anymore. Lets see if they are going to charge me the restocking fee on this one.....

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mod my Vinet with Edison LED and it turn out just like the Spartanian.
Well as usual due to the reflector is tight fit my LED is not centered but the beam is steady,no purple tint except that yellow corona around the hotspot which is normal for Edison LED.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the spartanian is no longer available at batteryjunction.com. Maybe they sold out or they are just making room for the spartanian 2. Thanks for all of the input. I may take the plunge on version 2. Looks like a decent light for the price.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup - we're sold out and waiting for the Spartianian II. :)

In the meantime - check out the Gearlite for an awesome Cree value.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
cernobila said:
I had been told that there are no more in stock and I will get a refund....I checked the website and this light is not listed anymore. Lets see if they are going to charge me the restocking fee on this one.....

Just received my refund in full, (light only, not postage) thank you very much BatteryJunction......