New HDS EDC Seoul Mod FLAME THROWER!!! (this is a "must have" )

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I just received a new HDS Seoul mod from GLADIUSX1 that, like his Gladius/H2X mod, is absolutely incredible…, and for the price, quality and fast turn around time, it is a STEAL!!!

When the light was sent, it "was' a brand new HDS 42 basic model.
When it was returned (only a week later), it is now a pocket flame thrower!

This thing will light up a room with a ceiling bounce test enough to read by, it will light up the tops of trees outside AND can be set low enough to keep your night vision for a bathroom walk at 3am. (the best of both worlds, inside and out)

With four light stages to choose from with a Seoul P4 WO LED, it is a perfect "pocket flame thrower" for every day use as well as the perfect "stealth" light for night walks through the house as well as for a "map light" when driving and for searching the floorboard when driving without loosing the night vision and wreaking.

I asked for a diffusion film and for the bezel ring to be loose enough so I could remove it and try a little testing myself.
With the film, it is a real flood light.
With the film out, it has good throw (great for a light this size) and good flood too.

Again, this was a brand new light and only tested for function before sending.
The nice thing is that when I received it back, it was still in new condition.

I stress this because I have sent lights to other modders and when returned, the light was damaged with everything from broken lens to plier marks on the head and/or body, trash in the reflector, etc, etc.

You really have to be careful who you send a light to, especially when it is-

1- An expensive light.
2- A light you really like.
3- A light that is no longer produced.

Well, I am satisfied with the professionalism of the GLADIUSX1 mods, as this is now my 3rd mod from him and once again, not only perfect, but what I call above and beyond expectations.

Here are some things to think about and ask before sending a light for modding.

Like me, only a wrong decision will be the only way to find out for sure if the answers to your questions are true, honest and correct. Unfortunately, I have not always found the answers I received to be true, honest and correct.
I can only go by my experiences and share them with you so you do not make the same mistakes I did and waste a bunch of time and money in the process.
(yes, I learned these lessons the hard way)

1- How much will the grand total be? (Light, labor, parts, shipping, etc)

This mod (as well as the Gladius/H2X mods) has been very reasonable, especially considering the quality and amount of work involved. Remember, this mod price includes shipping!

2- How long will the mod take? (Not the quoted time, but the "actual" time it took to receive ship back)

All have shipped back within a week or so.

3- Is the labor on the light quality or just something thrown together?

All the work performed had been professional and no damage or other problems.

4- Are the parts used in the mod quality?

All of the LED's installed have been hand picked and of a very nice tint.

5- Communication- (Are PM's, emails, etc. answered in a timely fashion and professionally?)

All communication has been within 24 hours (or sooner). Questions are answered and spends time with you to make sure you get the mod you want for your light in order to meet your wants and needs.

6- Reputation- (What is the reputation of the modder?)

After searching, everyone that has received a light from him has been thrilled with the mods and no complaints with the work, price, time or quality.

7- Customer Service- How are problems handled "if" something goes wrong?
This is VERY Important!

After I sent my first set of lights to get modded, they were shipped back within a week, however, the post office dropped the ball and seemed to have lost it. It was a VERY Stressful time for me as there was not 1, but 2 lights in the box and at that point, quite a bit of money invested in my 2 lights.

To GLADIUSX1 credit, he emailed or PM'ed me consistently, kept in touch with the shipper, had tracking on the package when he shipped it and had the shipper run an investigation and took care of the problem to insure I received my package.

He was there all through the process, making sure my items arrived safely.

Of course, this is what should be expected when making a purchase, but rarely ever received. This is the old time customer service we only hear about anymore.

THIS MOD IS VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

For those interested in the HDS mod, this is where I found out about the HDS mod
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/157523

and my post on the Gladius/H2X mod I mentioned-
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/159743

Have fun and hope you enjoy them as much as I doJ

Last edited:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
How do you post a pic?
I am not computor savy (or much of a photographer for that matter)

I would be willing to take pics and email them if someone is willing to post them..., but like I said, I am no photographer.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I'm glad your happy with yours.... :)

MilkySpit did a fantatsic job on mine! The light actually looked better after I got it back!

The Seoul modded HDS' are nice!

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Join the club:)

I added the new Ti or SS bezel (I can not tell which it is?)
This week I was able to get the tritium to fit the bezel size, so I ordered the SS bezel from Fenix-Store with the cut outs for the trits. When it arrives I will mount the trits and have an even cooler light than I have now:)

Just curious, how much was your mod? (total with shipping), I have another I want modded:)

waynejitsu

Enlightened
The last I remember, it was $65 to replace an LED, plus shipping, if there have been no price increases in the last couple of months, so about $75.

This mod is almost 1/2 the cost (no disrespect to anyone:)

I am planning to try to get pics this weekend.
Probably no beam shots, just of the lights, unless I am able to get good pics, I never took a beam shot, so not sure what is involved?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,
How much brighter (at max power) is the modded H2X over the modded HDS? thanks carl

joedm

Newly Enlightened
ok, I've just received an email from Wayne with the pics. Here's what Wayne sent me:

Post the first 3 pics of the safe, see how many can pick out the modded
lights.

There is the Gladiuosx1 mods, milky, pumaman, engrpaul modamag fivemega just
to name a few:)

3rd pic is modded Mag's and misc stuff.

Then the HDS and H2X/Gladiuslights

and finally beamshots, my first:)

The tint on the right looks blue. It is because the wall is blue.
The left is VO H2X on right is WO HDS on a blue wall a couple fet away.
The HDS also has beam diffuse, so it looks fuzzier.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Thanks for posting my pics:)

Tht middle pics are the actual modded lights.

The bottom pic is the actual beam shot, a couple feet away.
It is a modded H2X on the left and a modded HDS on the right.
Even though the H2X is brighter, notice how bright the HDS is..., and that is with diffuser film!!!

These are some awsome lights and mods that make them just that much better..., and for $40, that is the deal of the year:)

RGB_LED

Enlightened
waynejitsu, thanks for this post! :goodjob:

After my P2D-CE was delivered, I sadly put my HDS U60 into retirement... Now, I think I'm going to get my HDS modded with a Seoul and it will be once again be my EDC... er, along side the P2D though, as one light is never enough! :cool:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
You will absolutely love this mod:)

I have the P1D CE, L1D CE, P2D CE and waiting on the P3D CE, but could ot imagineit could be any better..., this is small, bright and low beam, pocket clip and shortly will have the 3 trit Ti bezel and this SS bezel will most likley go on my other HDS or Aleph 19.

I have learned one thing while at CPF, and that is-
"Get it while it is available!!"

For some reason, it just seems as though nothing really cool lasts a long time here, but there are a lot of changes, so "get 'em while ya can" :)

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
THIS IS FOR VEIWING ONLY PLEASE GO TO LINK FOR THE LIST IF YOU GET THE MOD.IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS DIRECTED TO ME PLEASE GO TO THE LINK.
GLADIUSX1
:rock:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2009376#post2009376

SHIPPING & PAYMENT INFO FOR HDS -EDC SERIES MOD

I will move forward for anyone that wants the mod.the mod is garrantied fully ,THIS MOD WILL NULL YOUR WARRANTY. I will not except lights not working for the mod .The mod does not change any function ,light works as before.no cosmetic changes.all original.no dust in the lens .everything will be clean.THE SEOUL P4 EMITTER WILL BE. WO BINS.THIS CAN CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME.WILL UPDATE AS REQUIRED.
Turn around time is 12 days from the time that I receive the light. This doe's not include weekends.All confirmations, receiving and shipping back will be updated in the thread.So please check.
(Shipping of completed lightswill be done on Saturdays or Mondays only.Once per week)

Payment must be Paypal ,best for all.payment in advance .Must send email first and I will send all payment and shipping informationplease use my email (same as paypal) for all questions and info for shipping etc..,(PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FORUM NAME IN ALL EMAILS & PAYPAL)
YOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR PAYMENT AND SEND A COPY IN THE SHIPMENT
1-FULL NAME
2-FORUM NAME
3-SERIAL NUMBER
4-SHIPPING ADDRESS

PAYPAL PAYMENT ACCOUNT & EMAIL:

[email protected]

MOD COST
$45.00 BASE SHIPPING INCLUDED RETURN ONLY/NORTH AMERICA
$60.00 BASE
SHIPPING INCLUDED RETURN OVERSEAS .
PLEASE NOTE ANY REQUEST FOR
EXPEDITED SHIPPING WILL BE 15.00 EXTRA ,ALL OTHERS SHIP SMALL PACKET THIS IS FOR NORTH AMERICA SHIPPING ONLY.
(please note shipping to me must not incur any duty cost to me or I will not accept the package .Before you send ,check with the post office and mark parkage as warranty work and used item.)Please contact your post office for shipping information on shipping and best method.)PLEASE MARK AS REPAIR WORK.

Last edited: