**Would you guys buy a Arc AA LE?**

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonbox

Banned
Would you guys buy a Arc AA LE?

This would be a good competitor to the CMG Infinity.

B@rt

Flashaholic
I did...
cool.gif

But, why are you asking? Just curious what makes you think it is in the same ballpark as the Infinity...
rolleyes.gif

The Arc AAA and the Infinity are very different.
Arc aimes at max brightness, while CMG is going after longeativity...

rodmeister

Enlightened
Yes I would. I know someone makes an aftermarket AA body adapter for the AAA head, but I wish ARC would make one.

I'm really big on "battery diversity" because I'm concerned about earthquakes and possible terrorist attacks on our power grid. I have a lot of AA's in my remote controls, anwering machine, Maglites, stereo equipment, label maker, photo slide viewer, handheld fan, electric shaver, closet light, and other gadgets, which I could tap into in an emergency. Although the AAA battery is becoming common, there are some small stores that don't carry them.

It would take so little for ARC to manufacture an AA body adapter. I don't understand why Peter relinquishes this market segment to CMG, unless he has an agreement with them to stay out of each others market.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[Q]I know someone makes an aftermarket AA body adapter for the AAA head[/Q]The Arcfinity adaptor was a special run that was arranged by a CPF member. It had nothing to do with the Arc company.
To the best of my knowledge, Arc does not have an agreement not to make an AA with anyone. It is simply that PG will not make make an AA light. Believe me when I say he has been begged many times to do so in the past.

Tomas

Banned
Personally I don't have an Arc AAA LE (yet) but I will probably buy one eventually. I would enjoy an Arc AA LE, too, but it would lose the size advantage the AAA has.

Currently I have both the Arc AAA and the CMG Infinity and I see them as lights for two different purposes. The Arc lives with me (it's on a stainless steel chain 'round my neck - yes, I'm the guy who even showers with it) and the CMG stays in my backup pouch (which has my emergency stuff) loaded with a lithium and with a few lithium backups.

I don't know, yet, how the LS second I've ordered will fit into this along with the Opalec converted MiniMag that is my general purpose portable, but I suspect the LS will only be the "Gee, I need a LOT of light" unit . . .

tomsig01.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Tomas...Do you know of any good sources for good stainless steel neck chains? Someone here had a titanium one with a torch on it, but those are big bucks!

Empath

Flashaholic
Originally posted by rodmeister:
I don't understand why Peter relinquishes this market segment to CMG, unless he has an agreement with them to stay out of each others market.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL!

Rod, you made my day. CMG was the original.

In answer to the question, though... I would buy a AA Arc, simply because I like Arc lights, and I wouldn't want an incomplete collection.

As far as advantage goes, there would be no competitive or functional advantage over the Infinity Ultra. Peter can't rely just on the collectors of Arc lights to support a new product.

W4DIZ

Enlightened
sorry guys,I miss read nonbox first post.I thought it was AAA not AA.Yes I would guy a aa le.
David

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i think a vast majority of people would ideed buy one, and peter has been asked many times before. one of the problems is that in order for an 'aa' to fit, the body would have to consist of two pieces, both costing more money, and waterproof intergrity. also, peter only has limited resources and has chosen to primarily concentrate on his major projects at hand, being the ls, sure we would like for arc to have hundreds of different products, but peter is anal retentive about his lights and must have them be perfect:D and that is why we all love him and his company so much.

as far as competition to the cmg, the benifits would priamarily be durability, increased brightness, better tech support, and the name arc.

would i buy one HECK YES!!!

Tomas

Banned
Originally posted by Sigman:
Tomas...Do you know of any good sources for good stainless steel neck chains? Someone here had a titanium one with a torch on it, but those are big bucks!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I get my SS chains at just about any pharmacy: I buy one of the "Medic Alert" type stainless steel tags on a stainless steel chain and toss the tag . . . It's still cheaper and easier than trying to find and buy just the chain.

If you come up with a better source, lemme know!
wink.gif

Take care,
tomsig01.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would certainly buy one provided it is an 'AA' light (not a small head on large body).

I wouldn't mind a double or triple (or quadruple) current regulated AAA LE.

Let's see:
2 AAA ~ 4 1/4"
3 AAA ~ 6"
4 AAA ~ 7 3/4"
smile.gif

5 AAA ~ 9 1/2"
wink.gif

6 AAA ~ 11 1/4" (swish and flick)
grin.gif

Cheers...

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about ARC AA with larger head to match body size and 3 LEDs?
wink.gif

But this will never happen...

I might just have to make one myself.

Mark

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Rothrandir. Been lurking about for some time. CPF's membership is a courteous and well informed crowd.

Cheers...

Darell

Flashaholic
Been here, done this!

The CMG Ultra is, for all intents and purposes, an Arc AA. Just doesn't have the fine tooling or finish. They're about equally bright now.

What I'd like to see is an AA with three LEDs. Throw a dimmer on it, and you can take me home tonight!

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by rodmeister:
I'm concerned about earthquakes and possible terrorist attacks on our power grid.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Rod - you seriously need to look into photo voltaic panels for your power. Down there in sunny SoCal is the perfect place. Be your own power company!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
photo voltaic panels, that is a bad idea, you'll never have to use your flashlights in the event of a power outage...

Status
Not open for further replies.