Inova 4.8 Watt XO Wow

lightinsky

Enlightened
I picked up today at Target an Inova 4.8 Watt XO and it's as bright as my Surefire 100 Lumens KL5 Lux V on my OD G2. Must be running 100 lumens give or take just by eyesight I can tell. I wanted something the size of my G2 but way brighter and this is the ticket. I know Inova doesn't rate the X series in lumens however this must be at least 85 Lumens. I did compare the XO with another 4.8 watt Xo since Target had 2 of em and a couple 1.4 watt older X0's and the one I bought wast brighter than both 1 watters and even brighter than the other 4.8 watt they had. Maybe I got lucky as for the brightness.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Yes the package says 4.8 watts on it and the older ones says 1.4 watts so you will know the difference but make sure to compare them all at Target to get the brightest whitest one like I did. Good luck in the lottery and the XO is the best performance of all for size to brightness of both X and T series in my opinon.

Enlightened
lightinsky said:
Yes the package says 4.8 watts on it and the older ones says 1.4 watts so you will know the difference but make sure to compare them all at Target to get the brightest whitest one like I did. Good luck in the lottery and the XO is the best performance of all for size to brightness of both X and T series in my opinon.

Thanks. Looks like there will be something for me to do tomorrow. :)

lightinsky

Enlightened
We are talking about the XO 4.8 watt not the XO3 5.8 watt with half the runtime. I don't know if they changed the led but my XO's led has 6 sides to it like a hexagon. Not sure wether I or not I should have gotten the XO3 but I doubt it's much brighter anyway and for an extra 20 bucks for an XO3 I was happy paying only 40 bucks for the XO.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Yeah that makes sense since the runtimes on the 2007 Inovas aren't any real improvement over prior models. But approx. 5 hours for the 4.8 Watt XO works for me compared to the XO3's 2.5 hours. What do you guys think?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightinsky said:
.. But approx. 5 hours for the 4.8 Watt XO works for me compared to the XO3's 2.5 hours. What do you guys think?

I think of the new XO as the "civilian" equivalent of Inova's new tactical T2. Both use 2 CR123a batteries, have flared heads, and boast longer running times.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I agree with ya on the shared benefits of the T2 and XO. Wish the T series was available at major retailers like Target. I got my Tiros T3 years ago at a special Inova dealer in Rhode Island but don't want to go out of my way anymore when retailers like Target, Walmart and REI have good lights to choose from. One strange thing I noticed about the 4.6 Watt 2L bolt is it says on Inova website that it has 3 mile signal visibility and 250 feet throw. Doesn't make sense when the XO is rated at 4.8 watts but only 2 mile signal and 150 feet throw. Inova has the numbers all screwed up like megatlite of the incan days.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Looks like the light show will go on for some time to come. We need to lighten up the world as much as possible so go to your local stores and get some.

Oranac

Newly Enlightened
lightinsky: haha, astronomers would hate you for saying that :p

i'd really like to see one of these things perform, any australians know where might be a good bet to look? or even any .au websites to buy from?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightinsky said:
Inova has the numbers all screwed up...

QFE!!! (quoted for emphasis)
Actually though this version of the X0 doesn't sound half bad... Just when I thought I would have to shun Inova completely this year.
I'd like to get some estimated lumens and runtimes on the X0 and the T2, as well as some accurate numbers on the T1 vs T2.

kavvika

Enlightened
My bad. I thought the new X0 dropped the TIROS and went with a 1.4W reflectored LED. But I guess theres an even newer version. That's quite the jump in output though. Wait, is the runtime the same as the 1.4W version? Because I know somehow the runtime increased when the upgraded the emmitter, added a reflector and increased output, according to FLR.com. INOVA confuses me.