Can anyone supply good photos of Fenix lights?

bordan

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Trying to put together a display to promote my favorite Fenix lights in my gun store. Can anyone provide some picks or links to good Fenix lights photos?
Preferably related to the military but sport/recreation is OK.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Suggestion.....

I have seen other sites and dealers hold a pic contest. By entering the pics, they give you permission to use them. The pics that win the contest, they each get a free light. Its a win win.

BBL

Enlightened
wtf is fenix tactical? Some flashoholics playground, or do they have intentions in entering the military-market?

They wont succeed with a 1000-mode light.

Glen C

Enlightened
Why not try the Fenix store? I am sure they have promo packs for their dealers and doesn't leave you liable for copyright if you just take someones without their permission and get caught.

mattchase

Newly Enlightened
You need to make sure you get permission to use photos from who ever provides them, even from individuals on CPF or elsewhere. Let them know exactly what they are being used for, and have them sign a usage agreement (even if it is just putting the info in an email...though a real piece of paper with a signature is preferable). Never(!) just take photos off a website to use in your store or website as this is a violation of copyright laws (the FenixTactical photos even have a copyright notice on them), and even if it is just for personal use it is still a violation. And photos without a copyright notice on the photos are still protected, it is not required by law to provide a notice (though again preferable). If you are a Fenix dealer, I would suggest contacting Fenix for some product promo shots, as was already mentioned they probably have a promo package for their dealers. If you can't get them that way then the contest idea that was suggested is a good one, but again make sure everyone knows how you will be using them and get it in writing!

Another thought I just had is to find a local photographer who is willing to do the shots in trade for publicity (and maybe a light!). I am assuming you have a supply of Fenix lights on hand that can be photographed? Ask him/her to do something simple and basic, nothing fancy, so it won't take too long to get done but will still give good results. Offer to have his/her name on the photos, put up a notecard or flyer with his/her info on it, and put it next to the photo display. You might still want to offer to pay the hard costs (printing, processing if shot with film, etc), or you might be able to work that into the deal too.

Yes, I am a professional photographer and get a little picky about copyright issues. :)

Last edited: