Thanks everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcon67

Newly Enlightened
I want to thank everyone here for the informative posts that convinced me to buy my Arc AAA le!!

My story started about 2 weeks ago, when I got a call from my dad....It was about 9pm and he needed a jump start. Neither one of us could see to tell the positive and negative terminals apart to hitch up the cables, finally I pull out my Zippo lighter to see with. (It worked, but I knew it was a BAD idea)

So the next day I decide I need to get a keychain light, I remembered seeing a thread in Bladeforums, I think it was titled "whats in your pocket today?" in going through that I find that most people over there carry either Photons or Arc AAA's on their keychains....Next, a couple of searches on the two lights, point me over here to Candlepowerforums...after some extensive reading on the subject I ordered an Arc AAA Le, plus one for my dad and another for my wife for xmas gifts(heh heh, pretty confident in my choice thanks to you all, even though I had never held or seen one in person)

Low and behold they show up at my office, and before the days out, I have about six people wanting to order them too. LOL - I even almost sold the other two I had gotten for gifts before I thought better of it, after all, I would have had to order more to replace them.

Dcon67

Can't wait for it to get Dark!
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out our "What is your EDC?". Lotsa knives and guns. If you like the Arc-AAA LE, you need to check out the LS. Four times fatter, ten times brighter.
Run from this board while you still are able. It's addicting.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
I don't own an Arc AAA yet.......I know....I know....relax....I own some Arc LS's. The LS isn't really 4 times as fat as the AAA is it Sunspot? You might have just been exagerating (sp?) to make a point, or that could be accurate. I don't have an AAA (yet) to compare so I'm just guessing.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was estimating when I posted that. Now that it has been brought up, I measured them.
Arc-AAA= 1/2 inch x 2 3/4
Arc-LS= 31/32 inch x 2 7/16 (123 case)
Pretty darn close.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Yep.....you're probably right.......probably somewhere between 3-1/2 to 4 times fatter.

But.....ohhhh so much brighter and even a little bit shorter.
smile.gif

I'm gonna have to get me an Arc AAA LE because.....well......just because. That's a good enough reason for me (not to mention the fact that it's one heck of a light as well).
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.