Who makes the best replacement lamps

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
6 volt or 12 volt H3 h4 series lamps. I have a couple of spotlights that are turkeys and I suspect the lamps may be a bit dodgy in the quality department. Plus it does not hurt to have a supply of replacement lamps on hand.

I have several Vector spots and they are very good in beam quality. Some of the off brand units are horrid. I think the off brand stuff has mismarked or just ratty lamps.

I have done a few different keyword searches but so far have come up with nothing of substance.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that vector has some pretty good stock bulbs, there is a vector axial 12V H3 that is really good. but they all get blown away by a simple mod using a ceramic base and 64625 HLX osram bulb

HTH
AlexGT

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coleman 6V 55 Watt is good. I had a fixit cheapy that I thought was a dog. The 6V 100 Watt lamp that it came with was pitiful. Artifacts and not really that bright. The Coleman 55 watt is not as bright as the 100 watter should have been but it has a good hot spot and a decent spill. I may pop in a couple of the 12V 100 watt lamps in another light that is not up to par.

I may attempt the ceramic base mod soon. That is along the lines of the MR16 mod I did to a Mag Light.

buickid

Enlightened
After the original bulb cut, I got a Sylvania SilverStar 12V in my vector, and its as bright/brighter as the stock. Before that I bought a couple of "Nokya 7000k" H3 headlight bulbs. Bright/brighter than stock as well, I think. Too bad I never thought to do a comparison shot. :(