• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold - Very Rare Katokichi Ichishiki KI-S (Splash)

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for sale I am offering one of the jewels of my collection, the VERY rare KI Splash. The light is blue and black hard anodize. Splash colors lights will never be done again. The light has beautiful swirls of blue against a deep black. No two were the same. The light engine is a MJDESIGN12 with a premium Luxeon IIII TWOH emitter. It is very small, but very bright. It blows away my ORB Raw, and that's saying something. :) Mineral glass window, light runs on a CR2 battery. These were very rare at issue, with most of the few released going to Japan, but a few came here. A couple were auctioned off on *bay, with duel converters, for just shy of $700 each. I could likely auction it off for much more than what I'm willing to sell it for here, but I'd like to see it stay in our community.

Terms:
$550 shipped CONUS. Int'l buyers please PM me first. :)
First unconditional "I'll Take It" gets it. This will be listed on multiple forums. I reserve the right to declare winner in case of very close posts. I will pack it VERY well, but I cannot be responsible once its in transit.

Now for the pics... OK, I did the best I could, but its REALLY tough with this light. Maybe Photonfanatic would have a good close-up...:grin2:

ki1.jpg

ki2.jpg

ki3.jpg

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - Very Rare Katokichi Ichishiki KI-S (Splash)

OK, that is beautiful! Dayam! :)

A BUMP for a great light from a great guy!

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it's still here after I win the lottery on the 10th of may...
... I will send you my shipping address...

Happy selling this AWESOME light ! One of not many I admire...
Cheers ! :bumpit:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oooooh, that's a very rare light.
Can't believe you're letting it go.

Exquisite machining and performance, somebody give this a good home.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, a rare gem:drool: . If it wasn't for the vacation I just got back from, I would be the taker.

Here is a few shots I had of two other (not mine), to help this sale out.

KIs-1.jpg

This light will make someone happy!

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - Very Rare Katokichi Ichishiki KI-S (Splash) :price Drop:

Thanks for the kind words, guys! :wave: And the pics, Lux. :)

Price drop on this exquisite jewel...:whistle:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank YOU Jay. :) You are going to love this jewel...:naughty:

EM

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I am glad I have been staying away from B/S/T anf didn`t see this sale sooner! :drool:

Jay, you will LOVE the KI-S! :rock: A picture of one of my KI-S lights. :grin2:

2222.jpg

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The doctor writes his own prescription! Congrats Jay and thanks for putting me out of my misery, this one was painfull to pass up.

Dark Mower

Newly Enlightened
This is really off topic…

I'm new to lights and learning. I'm surprised that such an old light has so much staying power. Is it a CPF gold standard? Is it titanium? If I may ask, what makes it so good? Is it still being made? Where does it come from? I did a search and found lots of references to the light but not the origin. On this end, it looks excellent.

I'd appreciate if someone could enlighten me. I apologize for being off topic.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Katokichi Ichishiki is a Japanese flashlight "maker" (some would say artist).

Much revered, like McGizmo in the States, Katokichi produces small runs of flashlights that are a pleasure to hold and admire. "ArcMania" often builds the electronics for these lights and is also considered as an innovator and is known for his attention to detail and quality. The "splash" color of blue on perfect black anodizing is unusual and desirable. (TnC another small run Mfg., has stated that "splash" is expensive); most find it attractive, different and certainly unusual. Perhaps it is the design and artisitic value that some desire. Custom lights, command attention, as do collectible watches, cars and other collectibles.

It is interesting that this light would be referred to as "old" (perhps due to lack of Cree or Seoul?). Pictures do not begin to do the machining and anodizing justice. (The electronics and LED are still very, very "good" ).

There are many "custom" lights that are rare, due to small runs and desirability and are sought after........lights fom this maker, McGizmo lights, Spy lights from Data, TnC and others.

Custom lights are "normally" machined and finished much better than "Manufactured" lights, sometimes are machined from "precious" metals, anodized with specific "special" (sometimed bare) and LED's "hand picked" for desired effect. Electronics are also built to exacting standards (regulation, multiple modes, efficiency, etc).

As with many desirable items, it is based on supply, demand and rarity.

Eric's description in 1st post of this thread helps explain it's desiribilty.

jeffb

Dark Mower

Newly Enlightened
Jeez, I lost this thread and just found it! I must say that it sounds like a great light and it does have people that really like it.

A special thank you jeffb for giving me a great primer to base my reading. And thank you EricMack for getting me interested in the light. Actually, thank you all for the information.

I'm surprised at the wealth of knowledge here. At my age, everything moves faster then my rusty throttle will go. I don't understand it all but I'm glad I have good guides and trusted friends. This is a great forum!

Thank you all. This old Billy Goat is with it now! :)

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, ya never know who's gonna show up at the party...;)

Jay, this light is very small.... Don't lose it between some big toes... :crackup:

Man, I already regret letting this go. :sigh:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
aikiman44 said:
Have you been cornering the Ti market recently?
Driving up the price for Boeing and McG?

LOL, ya, I pretty much gave Scott my Pin number and said "take what you need" :crackup:

Still cheaper than drugs (I think). :sweat:

aikiman44

Enlightened
Just got the light. The letter carrier brought it at 3:15, almost as an afterthought.
Beautiful little light, light as a feather. Showed it to one of my receptionists and, of course, she started to bobble it.
Only me touch.
Thanks.