Need Help finding the best U2 style light to buy

Jefff

Enlightened
Hi..
I had stumbled onto this link U2 style Cree light @ lightreviews.com while looking for the best place to buy a U2 style light and this one is listed at Kia but I could not find it.. If anyone has any info on where I could find it Please post up a link .. I am having no luck at all..

Also if for some reason this one is not the best U2 style one to buy then catch me up to speed on what one is the Hot item out there.. I have a C2 and now want a U2

I will copy some of the info From that link here for a easy view of the light I am talking about,,

U2-style Clone
01tp2.jpg

April 21, 2007
Availability
KaiDomain.com
Beam Profile
Narrow Spot
Coating
Type 2 Anodizing
Cost
$24.86
Dimensions
14.5cm long
4cm at widest Ø
Lens
Uncoated Glass
Light Source
XR-E
Output
High
Spot: 4850 Lux
Spill: 108 Lux
Low
Spot: 1253 Lux
Spill: 29 Lux
Power
1x 18650
Reflector
Textured Aluminum
Runtime
03:03 to 50% on High
15:53 to 50% on Low
Switch
Reverse Push Button

Thank you for any info

Jeff

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
This one has a higher high and a lower low. And it doesn't have any Surefire markings. Runtime on high is not as long. I have one and I like it.

The best U2 style light is probably the Surefire U2 itself(all thing considered).

If you are willing to spend more(a lot more) money, look at the Lumapower MRV. Imagine 19000+ lux of throw on high and 9000+ throw on low. Not a U2 style light but still pretty intresting.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
My buddies C2 and my U2 clone are very close in output. I have the one from DX, and it's a great light. Solid- very powerful light. If you want more power..try the new MRV from Gunner's link....should be awesome!

Jefff

Enlightened
Hey thanks for the heads up on that other more expensive light.. Wish I had the funds for it .. I will put it on my wish list though..

But as far as the U2 goes. I would not mind having a real deal surefire but those are also out of my price range.. These new Cree lights are really cost effective though. And as far as the build they are awesome for the price.. I am really not all that pleased with the Blue light my C2 gives off.. the little sucker will throw like mad though.. Maybe I will look into what type of Cree would have a more whiter tint and upgrade it but for now I am itching to try out another cheapy cree light and from reading the Eastward YJ U2 seems to fit the bill ... Just scanning to see if I am missing something else that might put out more light or whiter light..

Thanks again for the input

Jeff

underconstruction

Newly Enlightened
Im having the same trouble deciding between the 2 u2s. One is slightly brighter but has about 1/2 the runtime on high. Im leaning toward the runtime.

Jefff

Enlightened
If you compare the numbers, That is quite a bit more run time for not all that much lux drop .. But I think this light I posted the U2 Style clone is gonna be impossible to find .. Just emailed Kia and got the email back stating that they do not have this light for sale .. But a similar one..Which is probally the EastwardYJ one..

EastwardYJ
Output
High
Spot: 5190 Lux
Spill: 132 Lux
Low
Spot: 832 Lux
Spill: 22 Lux

Runtime
01:42 to 50% on High

U2-style Clone
Output