• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: ARC-LS First Run UXOJ Lux III, Ti CR2 body

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice little ARC-LS...UXOJ Lux III, stock driver, modified McR18, UCL lens, and no mods to the body or battery tube.

The window, and the bezel are not sealed...If you want a liquid tight light, it would have to be glued up.

The CR2 body is Ti...I played around with the o-ring seat depth, to lower the turning force, between the light body and the cell tube.

The light is in great shape, but not perfect...

TB

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: ARC-LS First Run UXOJ Lux III, Ti CR2 body

Creative...

Free :bumpit:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm more than a tad slow doing some "testing" and wowing(!) here, sorry for the delay. I have had this light for a short time now and just needed to say SOMETHING about it. An absolutely beautifully clean mod by one of the finest on CPF, TranquillityBase, possibly best known for his Titanium works of art and just for being an all around good guy. I have seen some of the LS First Run mods go badly from both an esthetic and functional aspect---spell that they not only look a bit worse for the wear in being opened up for the modding but also just don't live up to expectations. This is just one super clean example of what can be done to improve the venerable (and Classic!) Arc LS First run into a regular modern performing little rocket. I liken some of these mods to dropping a 427 or 429 into an older American Iron. For you non-motorheads out there, that's putting a big block Chevy or Ford V8 into a smaller chassie--what we used to and what they may still call a "sleeper"--big performance with a non-assuming exterior. Well, this LS runs competatively with my HDSGT60 and gives me real wokable throw and spill and, one amazing output. Just goes to show you what can be done with some real down-home talent and enthusiasm. Thanks Scott for this gem, a real keeper.:thumbsup:

Karl

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Karl...

Getting the bezel off:hairpull::banghead: :mecry::rant:the rest of the mod was fun:twothumbs