• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Markings on the Head of Peak Lights

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed some engraved letters on the head of the Peak lights. I believe that they are the identification for which power level that the head is but I wanted to see if someone can confirm.

I have on that says R on the Ranier head (my guess is that it is unique to the Ranier and hence the R)

I have an L and a H on my Atlantic heads. The L is much much lower than the H. In fact, the L is lower than the L on my Baltic.

I have an L and an H on my Baltics.

I will be posting my thoughts on these lights in the near future as I have a bunch to compare now (Ti-Ranier, Ti-Carribean, Ti-Atlantic (L), Ti-Atlantic (H), Ti-Baltic (H), SS-Baltic (L))

-Goatee

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
I have a Pacific AA in which there is an L stamped or engraved into the gold contact section at the base of the head of the flashlight (visible when the head has been unscrewed from the body) which comes into contact with the top of the battery, and the main engineer/developer at Peak Led Solutions did say over the phone, that the letter represented a "Low" power level setting, which is what it should be for my Light.

Sincerely,

FaithinGod

Galiphrey

Enlightened
This is what I gather on the markings:

Traditionally, there was Standard, High and Ultra. Then came Long-run (replaces Standard) and also Super. And the Ranier is the only Peak light without electronics, so there's no power-choice to make there.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Hey, I just noticed the web site doesn't let you order an Atlantic. (?)

Edit: oh, yes it does. You have to click "more info." On all the other ones, you can click on the picture, but not the Atlantic. (nevermind!)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Was doing a search and this (very old) thread popped up. Although we don't usually want to bump such old threads, for reference purposes, it may be worth adding the following information ....

The numbers 0 - 8 refer to power level for newer (but not newest) models, with 0 = low and 8 = max

Other known Peak letter codes also include N = Nichia (high CRI) emitter, and I think the eXtra-high-output engines used an "X" stamped on the battery contact.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'll have to look through my collection, but if I recall correctly, there may also have been a "W" for the earliest "warm white / high-CRI" (very warm XP-G) version, which pre-dated the Nichia "high-CRI" emitters