IVAN question

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I've got the 3 watt, 2 stage, 14500 Ivan from Kaidomain, (I believe DealExtreme has the same light under a different name). I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's ok to swap tail caps with a Fenix L1p. It fits fine, but the Ivan has it's 2 stage driver board in the tail cap, so I'd like to know if putting the Fenix on, which has no board in the tail, would perhaps run the Ivan too high? I guess I'm asking if the high on the Ivan has regulation and if the Fenix tail would not be good for it? I would prefer the Fenix cap because it can tail stand, feels better, and I don't need the low setting.

Bill

BTW, this light is incredibly bright!

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if I'm explaining this well or not. My question is would the Fenix tail run the Ivan in a direct mode that it isn't capable of handling?

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
Anyone... Anyone... Anyone... Anyone... Anyone... There??? There??? There??? There??? There???

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
So is it that nobody knows, or am I asking a really stupid question in my ignorance?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my experience a two stage tailcap has a resistor for the low level and the high level runs direct. If it works run it. If something fries tell us about it so someone else won't do it. :)

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to trial and error. I've learned too many things the hard way. :awman: