Can Kroma Safely Use an Unprotected 18650?

Gointothelight

Newly Enlightened
I've done a lot of research and searching on CPF and can't come up with a concrete answer. I know it's safe to use unprotected 18650 cells in the Surefire U2 because the light shuts down at around 3.2 volts, so no damage to the cell. Does anyone know if the Surefire Kroma operates the same way? I have a couple of extra unprotected 18650s and a body for the Kroma that can accomodate them, just don't know if it's safe to let them rundown in the light. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

greenstuffs

Banned
I bet you can, there is a 18650 body at lighthound made by leef the runtimes should be very good and the light retains all its function.

Gointothelight

Newly Enlightened
Well, the Leef U2 body will fit with, I believe, a washer, that Lighthound sells. But I'm using an early Surefire U2 body on mine that easily accomodates the 18650.
AndyTiedye said:
Which aftermarket body fits the Kroma?

Gointothelight

Newly Enlightened
Ya, read through the post... great info but it doesn't really answer the question... everyone is pretty much guessing. Not sure why the answer on the U2 was so definative and on the Kroma it seems to be all speculative.
greenLED said:
Look for Radar Greg's old posts; IIRC, he was using li-ions in his Kroma (MILSPEC's, IIRC).