***What kind of improvements will we see in the next version of the Arc AAA LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonbox

Banned
What kind of improvements will we see in the next version of the Arc AAA LE?

The Arc AAA LE is a hot seller. TTS is sold out already.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Told me they had 50-60 some time back, naturally I gotta snap up 12 for my fellow Singaporean Flashaholics.....

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AAA is fairly mature and doesn't require much of any tweaking. That being said, we invariably make some small change to the flashlight or how it is made each month. But they are small changes. Probally the biggest change is you will start seeing a clip included in the package after Christmas. This is the same type of clip a lot of people have been grabbing off of other items.

Peter Gransee

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would we be able to purchase the just the clip as an accessory item after Xmas?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
how bout making a arc but powered using lr44 instead of aaa. That could make the small arc even smaller with the same output power eventough the runtime might not be as long.

Darell

Flashaholic
One of the best things that the Arc AAA has going for it is the practicality of using such a common battery. Much smaller, and I wouldn't be able to find the dang thing.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by shiftd:
how bout making a arc but powered using lr44 instead of aaa. That could make the small arc even smaller with the same output power eventough the runtime might not be as long.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the runtime would suck.
the cost to run it at radioshack prices would be a killer.
looks like peter has already hit the perfect balance.
now an arc-n might be practical but it would take a redesign.(n cell is larger in diameter tham aaa)

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about making the Arc AAA run off of a QUAD pack of D cell batteries, with a voice operated control module!

I bet there would nobody claiming that they had that design first!

ledled

Newly Enlightened
Make it brighter since the brightness of a regular Arc AAA is catching up, making a LE less stand out than it used to be.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about having an ultra dim mode, just for finding it in darkness?, sort of like the feature found in the led light that uses the 9volt battery or the one that uses 3 AA batteries and 4 leds in a row (Any flashaholic knows who they are)

That would be an improvement on an already best product.

And Peter, make more HA Arcs and some in type 3 BLACK HA, How´s that for improvement?

HTH
Alex

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by ledled:
Make it brighter since the brightness of a regular Arc AAA is catching up, making a LE less stand out than it used to be.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The standard and the LE have been the same brightness for quite some time. The only difference in the LED is the slight tint difference. The LE is a bit "warmer" but not brighter.

Originally posted by ledled:

And Peter, make more HA Arcs and some in type 3 BLACK HA, How´s that for improvement?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Slow down here guys... All Arcs are HA III. The black of the standard and the natural color of the LE are BOTH HA III.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
There's only 1-improvement that I'd want to see in the ARC-AAA. This is also a request for the LS.

A dimm-able head. The way it would work is the more you turn the head, the bright the AAA would get, until it's at full power. You turn the head the other way, it starts dimming and dimming, until it shuts off completely. The mechanism to control this could live in the head or the battery holder. At most, it should add no more than 1/8"-1/4" to the overall length of the light.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Peter,
How 'bout offering that 2AAA tube we discussed a few months ago?

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wish list:

1. Flat curve electronics edition
2. 2AAA model
3. AAAA model (just for a thinner Arc) & 2AAAA model
4. Additional finishes (perhaps color coded to LED)
5. Dimmable (goes hand in hand with flat curve electronics)
6. Anytime I see aluminum I want titanium
cool.gif
. Titanium... titanium... titanium...!
7. Arc 1/2 LS - an underdriven LS in an Arc AAA; an engineering feat to be sure (dimmable of course
grin.gif
)
8. A model with a different style of lanyard hole (I vote for a through the body hole - ala Inova X5T). I do not dislike the existing tab but would like something different.
9. A stand accessory (something to stand the AAA on its butt). Perhaps even a svelte edition of the irredeemable and perennially awkward looking 'Flashlight Friend'
tongue.gif
10. A clip that does not wrap around the body like a bracelet. Something that can be screwed to a recess in the bottom of the arc. This will look sharp with #8 above.

Cheers.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that would be nice for us maybe.

but how many people would pay $150 for a light about twice as bright as the arc aaa and less runtime?

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rothrandir - I think not many. Yet another special limited edition run
grin.gif
. A 2AAA 1/2 LS would be something though.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
not many at all...but some of us are crazy and would by rotten dog crap if it had arcs name on it
grin.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! that is one great idea for a new special edition: 'Arc AAA LE Rotten Dog Crap HA CPF Member Edition' 'PS Please wash your hands before eating'. Of course all this is laser etched on the Arc just like the 'standard' Arc LE
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.