Thoughts on dealers who falsifies CN22 customs declaration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on dealers that falsifies export documents, such as the CN22 customs form?

My firsthand experience with DealeXtreme, a dealer well known on CPF showed they falsify the CN22 by declaring merchandise as a "gift" and about 1/4 the actual value.

My thoughts: completety unacceptable.

Argument in opposition would say that it's in your favor. It's really in their own favor. If the consumer is willing to pay $10 shipped, they want to keep the $10 for themselves rather than discount the product further such that post duty cost would be $10.

Exporters and importers are both affected by customs as the duty on the buying side would affect the sale volume. Major exporters/importers pay a significant portion of the total cost to import duties and rules say merchant who sells directly across the border to consumers aren't except.

Scorpion1080

Newly Enlightened
I am all for it.

I would buy from a dealer who does this rather from a dealer that does not do this.

I believe I pay enough money to the Government in the form of misc taxes already so screw them.

*edit*

I just look around and see govt officials having luxery holidays around the world using my tax money to pay for the trip and the point of the 3week trip staying in top hotels, restuarants, drivers? Its to look and see how another county recycles or some crap.

So the less money the govt gets, the happier I am.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
What are your thoughts on dealers that falsifies export documents, such as the CN22 customs form?

My firsthand experience with DealeXtreme, a dealer well known on CPF showed they falsify the CN22 by declaring merchandise as a "gift" and about 1/4 the actual value.

My thoughts: completety unacceptable.

Argument in opposition would say that it's in your favor. It's really in their own favor. If the consumer is willing to pay $10 shipped, they want to keep the $10 for themselves rather than discount the product further such that post duty cost would be $10.

Exporters and importers are both affected by customs as the duty on the buying side would affect the sale volume. Major exporters/importers pay a significant portion of the total cost to import duties and rules say merchant who sells directly across the border to consumers aren't except.

I just read your Jeers to DX on the same event in the Jeers section. I don't think you will have any trouble getting people not to undervalue their items for customs. I think if you mention it, they will be happy to do what you want. It does not save the shipper money to devalue the merchandise for customs. That saves the you (the buyer) money.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A had a package a few months ago from a certain well respected battery charger company with the "gift" box ticked (checked) and "warranty replacement" written in. I thought at the time that was probably the best way of describing it. My only package from DX was marked "gift" and described as "LED flashlight and Computer Hub" which was only partly right. There were actually two LED torches and a few other items but I really don't know where the computer hub idea came from.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Id rather that they do it right. I imagine that at some point the customs folks will tumble to the fact that they are sending 50,000 gifts a year across the border. At that point I'd not want to be the dealer.

I could be wrong. Government agencies are VERY good at being VERY inefficient.

Daniel

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Dude !! I say God bless them !! :grin2:

Why do ya wanna spoil the party ?? :barf:

If you want you can always write Customs a cheque to ease your conscience !! :ohgeez:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just converted the value they specified in Hong Kong dollars to New Zealand dollars and it's just under 1/10 the actual amount. That's not good. Maybe they can use the excuse they mixed up the declaration with another order.

Duty on imports isn't payable here unless the amount of tax is NZ$50 or greater, which is very unlikely for anything I'll get from DX.

DM51

Flashaholic
I can't think why on earth you are objecting to this. If you want to pay the extra customs duty, you go right ahead, but you can leave the rest of us to make our own arrangements.

Perfectionist said:
Dude !! I say God bless them !! :grin2:

Why do ya wanna spoil the party ?? :barf:

If you want you can always write Customs a cheque to ease your conscience !! :ohgeez:

But if a corporate giant managed to get in produce/automobiles/grain products/ FREE OF DUTY through cooperation of seller through customs fraud and they're selling at a price undercutting every local retailers and happens to affect the industry you work for, then you'll cry bloody murder, i'm sure.

Greta

Flashaholic
Thank you Empath... you beat me to the punch on this one.

I would like to add one thing though before we put this to bed for good...

Everyone... please refresh your memories on Rule #9 of CPF's Rules... particularly the part that says:

"You agree, through your use of this BB, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly illegal or promotes illegal activity."

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.