What are your favorite Single-AA lights?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is the LRI Proton. Smaller and lighter than any other 1AA I know of beside the smaller, but heavier CMG/Gerber Infinity. Has a useful red LED (used it last weekend), near infinite dimming of red and white, HA, good UI, nice clip, momentary can be accessed after a few seconds work.
Inova X1 2W- Just ordered the new two Watt version, but I still very much like the Nichia Gen2 version. Inexpensive and tough.
Lightflux LF1 SSC version - Momentary Switch! Bright, two stage via twist, slimmer than the newer Fenix's, can use 14500 retaining 2-stage unlike Fenix.
CMG Infinity - long lasting, tough, small, inexpensive, easy to use twisty.

All my Fenix I have converted to CR2 or CR123 for smaller brighter lights.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I bought a Lumapower F1 today from another CPF member. I should have it this week and I let you know what I think of it. As far as AA lights that I already own....I've been very happy with the CMG infinity ultras. No, they're not very bright by todays standards, but wow, what great run time! I have three of them. Two are the older dark green, one of them is the newer lighter green.

CLHC

Flashaholic
The cutdown Mini.Maglite by Ledean with a BB.NG.750.Lux.III.TW0J+20mm.IMS+Kroll.Clickie+UCL. That's all.

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Inova X1 v.2 Nichia CS version.
For single stage the Peak Pacific with AA body is great. (now available with P4)

Snow

Enlightened
cave dave said:
Something cheap and moddable would be great!. The River rock is cheap enough but danged if I can get it open.

Yeah I am in love with my RR. I got it open, too. All I did was use a lighter to heat the part of the light where the head screws onto the body. Then once I took the head off, I had to unscrew the heatsink that the LED is mounted to. There are two small grooves on it where you can stick a screwdriver or something in and push. I plan to try putting a Seoul in mine once I have time.

carlsjrman

Newly Enlightened
Blindasabat said:
Lightflux LF1 SSC version - Momentary Switch! Bright, two stage via twist, slimmer than the newer Fenix's, can use 14500 retaining 2-stage unlike Fenix.

The liteflux sounds really interesting, close to my ideal light. In addition to the features described above, it looks like a cinch to swap emitters.

I read through the old threads, and it seems like the only downside is the resistor low mode, which burns energy instead of saving it. I don't really a problem with that - I prefer it to digitally controlled pwm. I really like that the modes are mechanically controlled rather than the gimmicky "click through menu" thing. Are there any issues or problems with the liteflux that I'm missing?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Arc AA, original CMG Infinity, and, even with its fiddly UI, the JetBeam CLE. One of these days maybe I'll be able to add the Rexlight to the list.

Geoff

P.S. How could I forget the Civictor. Too many lights, but never enough.

Last edited:

Spordin

Enlightened
CMG/Gerber Infinity Ultra & MaxLite I. The I.U. is still unbeatable as a long runtime emergency light.

FlashPhoto

Newly Enlightened
CMG/Gerber Infinity Ultra - Long runtime, Built tough, Enough light to get you around w/o tripping over stuff.

LRI Proton - Very versatile light. Variable output is nice. I especially like having the red LED for getting around w/o disturbing your travelling companions.