Wolf Eyes cree drop-in

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
I just recieved my Wolf Eyes 170 lumen cree drop-in, from PTS. WOW.....I am truly impressed. I dont have elaborate equipment to test it on....but as a Cop in Milwaukee I will say this is the first small LED I'll carry on duty as a tactical light. It wont be my primary light, but its my back-up that I depend on should the sh*t hit the fan and my 13V Rattlesnake burn out at the wrong time.

I compared it side by side to a SF 6P and a Fenix L2D in a very dark basement and the cree drop-in won hands down. I am TRULY impressed. Im looking forward to tonight when I can really test it out......

jbviau

Enlightened
Yeah I just got my D26 (the 130 lumens version), and I'm really impressed too (running it in a Surefire G2). I wish I had the Surefire P61 bulb for comparison. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be having fun with this thing tonight!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
EvilPaul2112 said:
I just recieved my Wolf Eyes 170 lumen cree drop-in, from PTS. WOW.....but as a Cop in Milwaukee I will say this is the first small LED I'll carry on duty as a tactical light. It wont be my primary light, but its my back-up that I depend on should the sh*t hit the fan and my 13V Rattlesnake burn out at the wrong time. QUOTE] WTG on both lights I have shown my Rattlesnake to a few LEOs. and their Streamlights. I ordered a 170 cree drop in for my 6P Wolf Eyes light. Have you considered the LED tail cap for your Rattlesnake? I have a UV on mine:sold: . It could help with IDs etc and stains.

jbosman1013

Enlightened
i have been looking for just this drop-in for my sf C2 is there any gap issue i had a DX style drop-in that was not that impressive and broke in 3 days

Brozneo

Enlightened
What light did you put the drop-in into?

EvilPaul2112 said:
I just recieved my Wolf Eyes 170 lumen cree drop-in, from PTS. WOW.....I am truly impressed. I dont have elaborate equipment to test it on....but as a Cop in Milwaukee I will say this is the first small LED I'll carry on duty as a tactical light. It wont be my primary light, but its my back-up that I depend on should the sh*t hit the fan and my 13V Rattlesnake burn out at the wrong time.

I compared it side by side to a SF 6P and a Fenix L2D in a very dark basement and the cree drop-in won hands down. I am TRULY impressed. Im looking forward to tonight when I can really test it out......

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all the offerings available currently, I too am looking at the Wolfeyes for my recently acquired M2. Was wondering, how are the WE drop-ins with rechargeables? I am looking at using just a single 17670 to drive them.

Glen C

Enlightened
jumpstat said:
With all the offerings available currently, I too am looking at the Wolfeyes for my recently acquired M2. Was wondering, how are the WE drop-ins with rechargeables? I am looking at using just a single 17670 to drive them.

Jumpstat, no problem at all, that is all I run mine on.

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
I installed the LED lamp in an old SF 6p. Its supposed to deliver regulated output for 90 minutes and then unregulated light for several hours. Just what I needed for a back-up light.

Jackyl

Enlightened
Love mine as well, seems whiter / brighter than my Fenix P3D. I isolated the reflector from the Pyrex with a -016 Viton o-ring. I did, however have a problem with the light going out on me. It didn't seem to have anything to do with shock...my guess is it's more sensitive to loose tail-caps. I'll have to do some more testing. Just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Glen C

Enlightened
Keeper, we were actually the first to have the 130 lumens Cree drop in, we should have the 170 very soon now.

dca2

Enlightened
tsask said:
EvilPaul2112 said:
Have you considered the LED tail cap for your Rattlesnake? I have a UV on mine:sold: . It could help with IDs etc and stains.

This is a PROBLEM I just found. I have a Raider. In order to use the led tailcaps, batteries must be pos. end at the tailcap. No problem with the xenon bulb. BIG PROBLEM with the cree drop in--batteries must be pos. end at the bulb. You can run cree and no led tailcap or xenon with led tailcap :mecry:

I am using 2 protected 17500's from AW. I have the tactical tailcap, white and red led tailcaps.

Last edited:

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I just learned something. All this time I thought my 9V 130L cree was defective (didn't work after trying either with one or two 18650 rechargeables but the led tailcap worked). Thanks dca2. I guess I didn't try flipping the batteries 'cause I was using the extension tube on the WE Sniper and thought this could be the problem (bad contact). Mike @ PTS mentioned to me that the 9V would not work under 6 volts (this was during pre-order communication). So when it didn't work, I assumed he was right. But, thanks again to dca2, after inserting the batteries "+" against bulb, the 9V cree works fine (though using one 18650 is dimmer - similar to the LP D-mini on low). Now I'm happy knowing the cree LA works.

Last edited:

m1match

Newly Enlightened
I got two of the D26, 130 lumens, Wolf Eyes Cree drop-ins yesterday. I put one in my Surefire C2 and one in my Surefire G2Z, each one powered by one AW 17670 li-ion rechargeable. The build quality of these is light years better than the $12.50 Deal Extreme drop ins. The beam is not as blue as the DX dropins and has more side spill. Compared to the stock Surefire P60 or P61, these Cree light engines blow them away! I left the G2Z on for an hour and it got warm, but didn't look like it was in danger of melting anything. I left my C2 on for 8 hours and at the end of 8 hours, the brightness was down to maybe 40% of the beginning brightness, but hey try that with a P60 or P61! These cost 4 times as much as the Deal Extreme Cree drop ins, but I couldn't get the DX units to work with 17670s and I was having flickering issues with 2x123 batteries, so these units were definitely worth it.

Quinn_Inuit

Newly Enlightened
How do I get my grubby little paws on one of these and a Wolf Eyes 6AX? I keep waiting for PTS to post on their availability, but there's been nothing on the site and Mike didn't respond to my e-mail (I'm guessing I got spam trapped or something).

Flash007

Enlightened
m1match said:
I got two of the D26, 130 lumens, Wolf Eyes Cree drop-ins yesterday. I put one in my Surefire C2 and one in my Surefire G2Z, each one powered by one AW 17670 li-ion rechargeable. The build quality of these is light years better than the $12.50 Deal Extreme drop ins. The beam is not as blue as the DX dropins and has more side spill. Compared to the stock Surefire P60 or P61, these Cree light engines blow them away! I left the G2Z on for an hour and it got warm, but didn't look like it was in danger of melting anything. I left my C2 on for 8 hours and at the end of 8 hours, the brightness was down to maybe 40% of the beginning brightness, but hey try that with a P60 or P61! These cost 4 times as much as the Deal Extreme Cree drop ins, but I couldn't get the DX units to work with 17670s and I was having flickering issues with 2x123 batteries, so these units were definitely worth it.

Hi,

1) your 130 lumens Cree dropin's, are they the new 3,7v-13v Cree from Wolf-Eyes ? Or the 3,7v-6v dropin you have ?

2) Are they regulated with single 3,7v 17670 ?

In another post, the HO Cree 170 lumens (3,7v-13v) don't seems to be regulated with 3,7v Li-ion cell.

Thanks for responding.

:)