the best 123a

Status
Not open for further replies.

saul31

Newly Enlightened
which are the best cr123a regulated batteries and where can I find them online?

Thanks

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no such thing as a regulated CR123. Perhaps you meant protected rechargeable 123?

sejvaar

Newly Enlightened
Saul I would like to know the answer to this as well but I dont think it will be forthcoming...

I have read the performance charts and posts about this and I see no definitive answer. Some say Battery Stations are great but then some say the runtime is half of Duracells or Surefire. Not sure what data or opinion to trust. I wish someone would say black and white which brand burns brightest and longest but again it might be subjective. Not everyone is an engineer and can extrapolate from various charts and choose the overall best.

Good luck getting an answer!

saul31

Newly Enlightened
thank you,

one of the questions I ask myself is: does it depend of the flashlight? Is there, not a best-battery but a best flashlight-battery couple?

CM: if you look at reviews, some batteries decrease progressively and anothers decrease suddenly, I think it's because they're "regulated", that's what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
saul31 said:
CM: if you look at reviews, some batteries decrease progressively and anothers decrease suddenly, I think it's because they're "regulated", that's what I'm talking about.

That's a property of the cell's chemistry. It's not because it's "regulated". Alkalines drop off exponentially (almost) while NiMH, NiCd, and various Lithium chemistries (primary and rechargeables) have a flatter discharge. Regulation is in the flashlight, not the cells.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
saul31 said:
if you look at reviews, some batteries decrease progressively and anothers decrease suddenly, I think it's because they're "regulated", that's what I'm talking about.
It's not the batteries that are regulated, but the lights themselves. Some lights will dim gradually as the batteries are used up (most incandescents and unregulated LED lights are like this), others will go dark quickly after a period of steady brightness (regulated LEDs are like this).

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Posted in wrong forum. Please research the Electronics-batteries forum, where this question is asked on an almost daily basis.

i'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.