Got my first arc AAA !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapper

Newly Enlightened
Well got my first arc today and love it.. I now am up to two led lights.. an opalec and an arc.. So I guess I am in the club,...

Darell

Flashaholic
We'll show you the hand-shake soon enough.

Great lights to start with... but now you're spoiled.
smile.gif

snapper

Newly Enlightened
Well after having for a day I love it. I have already found a pocket clip for it. I have only been on here since the beginning on november. Before this sight I never carried a flash light, now I always have my mini-mag/opalec and my arc. And on my christmas list I am going to put either a cmg infinity or ultra. So thanks for showing me how important a flash light can be.. PS. i am only 17..

later snapper

B@rt

Flashaholic
hi Snapper,
good choices, you can't go wrong with either one.
grin.gif

If you decide to get a "normal" Infinity, be aware you can put it in "turbo" mode by scraping off the black dot (+ terminal) in the head and replace it with a blob of solder.
winkie.GIF

Reaper

Enlightened
Hmmm, I wonder if I should get the ARC-LE? Everyone has good comments concerning ARC lights. My EDC's are the Ultra on my keyring and the Inretech, though at times I may switch to the Opalec. I try to have all my smaller lights on the same batteries (doesn't help to replace the batteries and find you don't have the right size) I'm intrigued by the smaller size of the LE, but it might be the only device I have that takes AAA's. Decisions, decisions.
confused.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Don't wonder if you need an Arc AAA...just get one!

You don't need the LE, the AAA standard in black is fine. Yes, you need one. Buy it and a package of 8 AAAs and you'll be good for the next year or more.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... I got my aRc AaA LE... It sure is nice knowing that you can use it to file off your jagged nails......

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i am 17 also, and our friend saaby is 16...there are some others of our approximate age also.

glad to hear you like your arc.

NightShift

Enlightened
I haven't really gotten any serious LED lights yet except some photons and experimental luxeons, but I find myself more enthused by the Inova X5T than the Arc AAA. How do these two compare besides runtime? I think I'm liking the Inova more for looks (coolness factor) and ruggedness.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i don't know about the beam comparison.

but i would bet my life, and the life of everyone i know that the arc aaa is 10 times more rugged than the inova, and just about any other light on this planet, and possibly even the planet lambda, mcgizmo, and mr. bulk are from
grin.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
snappy:
after darell is done with you i'll show you the traditional communal dance (that we perform on the 12th of each month at 12 midnight under the illumination of a single brass arc AAA) that has been handed down by word of mouth from generations past by our forefathers.

and hey, i'm 17 too
smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i really do worship the brass arc aaa you know...seriously...i do.

unfortunately, at this communal dance, we sacrafice the newest arc, so if you want to keep yours, you'd better convince someone else to buy one quick!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
>> Wow! we have ourselves a bonifide Kid Korner™ here!

Darell, it's just like the computer club I used to belong to in Phoenix. EVERYONE has something to contribute! There were the laymen in the club who were open minded and willing to learn from anyone. I really respected the knowledge level of the younger members. Everyone respected each other and worked together...well not everyone, there were still some of the "Awww, what the heck can he know, the young whippersnapper..." folks, but they didn't earn any respect.

Even while in the AF my 21 years, I respected the knowledge and expertise of those younger with less rank. That's what made up the "team"! Communication is a good thing indeed. My two teenage sons are in middle school and high school, however some of the courses they are taking are equivalent to some of the college courses that were conducted during my days...(hey, come on I didn't know Moses either!)

It's indeed a pleasure to have everyone young, old, and also from around the world here!

Thanks CPF for the opportunity! (Do I hear music?)

snapper

Newly Enlightened
well i am hooked on my ark. I put it on my hat tonight when i went walking after dark. it put out a nice light in front of me. it wasn't spot light bright, but bright enough to keep you from stepping in a hole. So thanks for introducing me to the wonderful world of the arc.. If the other arcs weren't so expensive I would have one of them.

later snapper

nihraguk

Enlightened
ahh....looks like my arc isn't the newest here since snapper just got his; snapper, you better get someone else to buy an arc now
smile.gif

i just turned 17 a couple of months ago, and i'll be 18 next september. somehow i don't consider myself young....feels as if my teenaged years are quickly slipping by. ahh well

tomas:
i have this antique flashlight my dad bought from a street market in shanghai a few years ago that might be older than all of us here. when i manage to get a decent digital camera and some webhosting i'll post some pictures and a short write-up here.

darell:
flashlight is one of the few hobbies that we can have that doesn't require age (like guns or cars) or lots of money (like guns or cars), hence the younger crowd around here
wink.gif

sigman:
i too don't really have any respect for people who judge others for their age, and expect their seniority and supposed wisdom to get them anything and everything. unfortunately, respecting seniority is part of the asian culture here, though i don't care much for it. IMHO, respect is something that has to be earned, not given.

snapper:
i just woke up from a nap a while ago, and it was 1930, and the room i was in was completely dark since i had closed the windows and curtains earlier. i turned on my arc and it lit up the whole room. like someone else mentioned, the less ambient light there is, the brighter your arc will shine. i could even see a very distinct beam of light in front of the torch, and it looked really really cool. i spent 5 minutes playing with the beam before quitting it
grin.gif

btw, i'm thinking of getting an opalec newbeam for my old minimag. does anyone think its a big enough improvement over the arc, or should i just give it a miss?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nihraguk, the newbeam has 3 leds instead of one, so it is brighter than the arc, also, it uses aa's so the runtime will be longer as well, especially since it is fully regulated. if you are looking for a long runtime mini-mag drop-in, then that is a good choice, if you want brightnes, get one of dat2zips sandwiches or an intretech...shorter runtime, but brighter because they use a luxeon star.

Status
Not open for further replies.