• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: Cleaning out the garage sale (misc mods) (All sold!)

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting rid of some of the mods of done over the years, ones which I don't ever use. I figured I'd give the CPF community the opporotunity to have them if they like.

Please make your claim in this thread and I'll PM you with payment details. I prefer to use Paypal. Prices include shipping to the US.

First up, a silver Brinkmann 2AA with a red Luxeon I high dome emitter - the die is unfortunately off-center from the emitter body, so the beam is slightly skewed. This light runs direct drive off 2 AA batteries (not included), and has an NX-05 optic. It has a black tailswitch for some reason.

redbrink1.jpg

redbrink2.jpg

redbrink3.jpg

Price: $10
SOLD!

Next, a black 2AA Minimag with an amber Luxeon III emitter. Runs direct drive off 2 AA batteries (not included), and has a Fraen LP optic. It also has a kroll tailswitch.

ambermini1.jpg

ambermini2.jpg

ambermini3.jpg

Price: $15
SOLD!

This is a 2C Maglight with a T-binned (67-87 lumens) R/O Luxeon I emitter. It runs direct drive from 2 C cells (not included). Has a lightly sputtered reflector.

romag1.jpg

romag2.jpg

romag3.jpg

Price: $20
SOLD!

Here is a Pelican Sabrelight LED - the one with the back-firing LED/reflector setup - dubbed "Recoil". I replaced the original LED with a Q2J Luxeon high dome emitter, and the original driver circuit with a LDO linear regulator set for 350mA (works better than the original boost circuit). Runs off 3 C cells (not included).

pel1.jpg

pel2.jpg

pel3.jpg

SOLD!

Freebie!
A pair of Dorcy 1AAA LED lights (batteries not inc.). The red one is stock. The silver one I modified by replacing the LED with a Q2J High dome luxeon emitter, and modifying the circuit to boost the current. It uses an NX05 optic - the optic holder simply slips over the front of the light.

dorc1.jpg

dorc2.jpg

dorc3.jpg

Price: Free with purchase of another light.
SOLD!

This is a 2D cell Maglight with a Royal blue Luxeon V emitter in it, and a lightly sputtered reflector. The light is set up to run direct drive from whatever power source you give it. Can run from 6AAs or 3x123A cells (batteries and battery holder/adapter required and not included).

bluemag1.jpg

bluemag2.jpg

Price: $10
SOLD!

Dubbed "The Silver Dragon" - this is a 2D cell Maglight with a R/O Luxeon III emitter in it (bin: G2G). It has a 1.4A LDO linear regulator in it. Can run from 2D cells (approx 1A current), or 3C cells (1.4A). Includes tailcap springs for both C and D cells, and a battery adapter tube for C cells.

ro3mag1.jpg

ro3mag2.jpg

ro3mag3.jpg

ro3mag4.jpg

Price: $25
SOLD!

The original "Ugly Box". This is a die-cast aluminium box with 2 Q2J Luxeon high dome emitters, each with an NX-05 optic. Runs from 3 AA batteries (not included). Has a power switch on one side, and a high/low switch on the other.

ugly1.jpg

ugly2.jpg

ugly3.jpg

SOLD!

This was originally called "BoxyLux" - a small die-cast aluminium enclosure with a high dome Luxeon III emitter (bin TWOK), and an NX-05 optic. Runs from 3 AAA batteries (included!). Has a 700mA LDO linear regulator.

boxy1.jpg

boxy2.jpg

boxy3.jpg

SOLD!

Again, please make claims to the lights you want in this thread and I'll PM you back with payment details. I prefer to only use PayPal for payment.

Last edited:

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
Re: Cleaning out the garage sale (misc mods)

I'll take it:

Dubbed "The Silver Dragon" - this is a 2D cell Maglight with a R/O Luxeon III emitter in it (bin: G2G). It has a 1.4A LDO linear regulator in it. Can run from 2D cells (approx 1A current), or 3C cells (1.4A). Includes tailcap springs for both C and D cells, and a battery adapter tube for C cells.

This is a 2D cell Maglight with a Royal blue Luxeon V emitter in it, and a lightly sputtered reflector. The light is set up to run direct drive from whatever power source you give it. Can run from 6AAs or 3x123A cells (batteries and battery holder/adapter required and not included).

Edit: Bold

:paypal:

Last edited:

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it:
This is a 2C Maglight with a T-binned (67-87 lumens) R/O Luxeon I emitter. It runs direct drive from 2 C cells (not included). Has a lightly sputtered reflector.

Here is a Pelican Sabrelight LED - the one with the back-firing LED/reflector setup - dubbed "Recoil". I replaced the original LED with a Q2J Luxeon high dome emitter, and the original driver circuit with a LDO linear regulator set for 350mA (works better than the original boost circuit). Runs off 3 C cells (not included).

Edit:
Please PM payment info
Edit :
I'll take the freebies:
Freebie!
A pair of Dorcy 1AAA LED lights (batteries not inc.).
:paypal:
Great Deal!

Last edited:

martonic

Enlightened

I would love to take, if still available:

1) First up, a silver Brinkmann 2AA with a red Luxeon I high dome emitter - the die is unfortunately off-center from the emitter body, so the beam is slightly skewed. This light runs direct drive off 2 AA batteries (not included), and has an NX-05 optic. It has a black tailswitch for some reason.

2) Next, a black 2AA Minimag with an amber Luxeon III emitter. Runs direct drive off 2 AA batteries (not included), and has a Fraen LP optic. It also has a kroll tailswitch.

3) This is a 2D cell Maglight with a Royal blue Luxeon V emitter in it, and a lightly sputtered reflector. The light is set up to run direct drive from whatever power source you give it. Can run from 6AAs or 3x123A cells (batteries and battery holder/adapter required and not included).

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast

martonic:

rcnic claimed the Royal Blue Mag - but the two 2AA lights are still yours if you like

photorob

Enlightened

Holy....................... thouse are some rediculouse prices. To bad they got they got eaten up so fast. I'll back up the Pelican.

martonic

Enlightened

evan9162 said:
martonic:

rcnic claimed the Royal Blue Mag - but the two 2AA lights are still yours if you like
I like - thank you!

Ringleader

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to purchase the Brinkmann with its Red LED. PM just sent. Many Thanks, Richard...

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ringleader said:
I'd like to purchase the Brinkmann with its Red LED. PM just sent. Many Thanks, Richard...

Martonic beat you to it on those - sorry.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast

Phew! That was intense!

Everything sold! Thanks everyone! I'm going to get these shipped out tomorrow.